Cyberhobby Sea Venom FAW 21

Morning all,built for the 50's Nato GBt but missed the deadline,all down to messing up the tip tank's as decal's were useless and my attempt(s) at the red white and black chequerboard

finish with paint and decal's failed miserably.Anyway rather than bin it I opted to finish them in gray just before the squadron's painter's got to work.I liked this my first kit from this

company I believe there are shape issues and there are a couple of fit issues but nice all the same,many thank's for looking.

Build here.

20190522_104438

20190522_104428

20190522_104408

20190522_104344

20190522_104236

20190522_104227

20190522_104218

20190522_104209

20190522_104550

• Like 36

That looks absolutely terrific, Steve.  A very nice paint finish and, to my eye, it captures the look of the type really well.  I have read that the model falls down on shape but, having seen your build, it looks enough like the real thing for me.  I would actually really like the NF3 boxing of the kit but it seems to have disappeared from big H's website.  Do you know if the Sea Venom boxing happens to include the relevant parts for the NF3 - principally can it be build without the arrestor hook fairing and the cockpit canopy without the extra bulge over the pilot's position?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Do you know if the Sea Venom boxing happens to include the relevant parts for the NF3 - principally can it be build without the arrestor hook fairing and the cockpit canopy without the extra bulge over the pilot's position?

Many thank's for the comment's,there didn't seem to be the part's required for the NF3 in this boxing certainly only one canopy type in the box,King Kit have new and pre-owned 

boxing's in stock I've always had great service from them over the year's.

Just now, stevej60 said:

Many thank's for the comment's,there didn't seem to be the part's required for the NF3 in this boxing certainly only one canopy type in the box,King Kit have new and pre-owned 

boxing's in stock I've always had great service from them over the year's.

Thank you Steve.  Both kits seem to be pretty elusive at the moment but I hadn't checked King Kit.  Will take a look.

Hi Steve,

this looks like a stunning-looking kit. Shape problems be damned!

You did a super job building it, and the checkerboard is not missed!

Congratulations!

JR

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Nice. You've made me dig a Cyber Hobby Sea Vixen FAW.2 out of the stash. What paint did you use on the grey?

Thank's Harry,it was mixed from Tamiya dark gray a slight blue tint  added with Medium blue and lightened a touch with white to counter the gloss coat

which darken's down when applied.