Crusader Mk.lll.

I haven’t finished anything since the Tilly, so I dug out some of my early builds. This one is from about 10 years ago and is the Italeri Crusader Mk.lll. I did a bit of detailing on it such as replacing the slats at the rear with thinner card, adding the fuel line from the auxiliary tank and used the etched set from Eduard. I also replaced the main gun with one from RB models. It’s painted in a plain G3 green (I think) using Tamiya paints, and is based on a tank of the 17th/21st Lancers in Tunisia in 1943.

3981474a-bc36-46b9-a1e4-af6642b888c2.JPG

71ebe9f0-4595-4a80-8c1c-6c1b2b236fda.JPG

8bc28cdc-3de1-427a-99ce-06da697326fe.JPG

f054634f-c750-4348-aca3-d2c82b1067c4.JPG

23e91243-fe71-418d-9e1b-76407da5aecf.JPG

837b8074-09d4-404a-9712-e567c0319c6e.JPG

26a0b4ec-19ab-4144-92fc-a36271fa9324.JPG

cd1f2a85-589c-4d04-a069-1173c7f56085.JPG

Thanks for looking.

John.

• Like 27

16 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Very, very nice

16 hours ago, Gorby said:

Excellent job John!

15 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is a great looking Crusader John. Beautifully built, painted and detailed. Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks all, for the encouraging words.

John.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carius said:

Great job John, very well done

7 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Nicely done. 

Not often you see a Crusader that’s not in desert colours. 

Pete

Thanks both of you for the comments. Yes, I thought that it would make a nice change from the usual sandy finish.

John.

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice one John...:yes:....another on my list one day to tackle........

Redcoat......

Thanks Simon. You won't regret it. Even though it's a bit long in the tooth, it's still a very accurate kit and easy to build. But go for the Tamiya issue. At least they got rid of that ridiculous step in the front track guard.

John.

• Thanks 1

Nice that John, the Mk III with a decentish looking cannon is a nice looking machine for all their short comings & I like that you haven't over scruffied it, all in all a really handsome job. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
spelling :(
  • Thanks 1

Hi John, that looks really good.  I made the Italliari kit when it first came out, obviously in desert with the lorry disguise blacked out wheels, sorry to say it never survived the umpteen moves I had to make, I feel quite nostalgic for one, must resist the urge to find a Tamiya one, stash too big already. :fraidnot:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Johnny_Sokko said:

Very nice work!

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi John, that looks really good.  I made the Italliari kit when it first came out, obviously in desert with the lorry disguise blacked out wheels, sorry to say it never survived the umpteen moves I had to make, I feel quite nostalgic for one, must resist the urge to find a Tamiya one, stash too big already. :fraidnot:

Thanks for the comments. Go on Bob.....you know you want to. I've still got an Italeri Mk.l/ll to build, but if I see a Tamiya Mk.lll, then I'll pick one up as I've never done one in desert cammo.

John.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Thanks for the comments. Go on Bob.....you know you want to. I've still got an Italeri Mk.l/ll to build, but if I see a Tamiya Mk.lll, then I'll pick one up as I've never done one in desert cammo.

Hi John, well yes.. I want to, but being realistic with the size of my stash and everything going on it has a good chance of not being built.  But if by chance one found its way into my shed I would not throw it out. :wicked:

• Like 1