DHC-1 Chipmunk colours

JanLou

I need help with the Cranwell pale blue band colour to be painted on a real Chipmunk. RAL code or FS would be best. John Romain from ARC admit that the best knowledge on AC colours resides amongst the modellers these days and I can only agree! 

Edited by JanLou
update

Correct - I am in fact looking for a colour reference for the light blue fuselage band called “Cranwell Pale ablue”

On the Wings of Cambridge WW2 NZ Colors website, there is a color chip labeled arctic blue that is FS15275 (BSC381C 112) Looking at my BSC381C color chart, there is a color labeled arctic blue that looks very close to FS15250 in my FS595 color chart. I could not find any FS equivalent for Cranwell pale blue, although that color is mentioned in several articles related to DH Chipmunks; sadly,  no color references were mentioned. That's the best I can do, but I'm thinking @Graham Boak @LDSModeller or @Troy Smith might be better suited to give you a definitive answer to your query.

Mike

On 5/22/2019 at 6:42 AM, JanLou said:

I need help with the Cranwell pale blue band colour to be painted on a real Chipmunk. RAL code or FS would be best. J

I see you are in South Africa so BS colour books are less prevalent than FS or RAL. But surely in the modern day and age, if asked nicely a local paint factor will be able to custom-mix a litre of something for you to a recipe for BS381c 112 Arctic Blue?  

But if not, then this page offers the nearest RAL colours amongst other fairly close matches, though RAL does not actually contain a very close match. Just put in BS381C 112 at the top and it will  give you a long list.

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp

Also see the last time we went around this question:

Edited by Work In Progress