This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
ivan-o

Crossdelta DPM decals

If these are still available in the UK can anybody point me in the right direction please.

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o

I’ve only seen them available from Luckymodel , I bought a bucket load at the time as they were cheap, free postage as well.

Cheers looks like Hong Kong then. 😀

How did they go on?

Edited by ivan-o

I’ve still not used them yet... I have seen some amazing figures done using them though.

Dan 

I just ordered some from lucky models as well pretty much the only store selling a wide variety.

I read some reviews that say it's difficult applying a 2D decal to a 3D object and moreover the issue is getting the decal soft enough to conform without loosing the underlying detail.

I am going to use AK interactive decal adhesive. Microsol decal softener has not worked well in the past so and I don't want to waste the decal. Perhaps cutting the decal into small squares will make the application better.

Still going to cost, but Sprue Brothers are stockists, and showing 1/35 DPM Decals as 'in stock' at $5.99 per sheet.

From what I have used so far I reckon 4 or 5 from a sheet.

P1070455

P1070480

The US woodland set is in 3 parts to reflect washed out, new and fatigued so with the DPM you might get more as its one large sheet if you are careful, make sure you have a good decal setting solution. 

HTH

Dan