VW type 2 pick up custom build

And I'm calling this one done. I'm off work poorly sick so managed to get this over the line at last. I hope you like it, I had fun.

But before the pictures, I give huge thanks to @Marco F. over in Germany for his donation of the bodyshell. It saved so much time!

qBDf919.jpg

As is often the way with these builds, the steering wheel touches the drivers seat. Ahem. So I'll call your attention to the door mirror instead.

o3gGiOg.jpg

That front end again. Note the delete wipers option was ticked. SoCal Baby! The windows could do with a clean though.

Yes, there is a small glue blemish on the drivers window. I'll call it delamination from a stone chip. Yet I managed not to do that on the headlights!

I did think about having the word DUB! across the front just under the screen? BTW, SoCal is a Custom 'look' dating back probably forty odd years.

dlnMmMD.jpg

Hang on, SoCal? but what is that in the loadbed?

R1xbZDJ.jpg

Oh, a snowmobile. Obviously. I've had this for about twenty years, (it came with a pick up truck) at last it finds a use.

sEgiFXJ.jpg

Here they are posing together. Now the wagon isn't perfect, I'll be the first to admit, but it's come out pretty much according to plan and I'm happy with that.

YMtrBQj.jpg

And you do need a big silencer on the back as they sleep late in SoCal. No bumpers and big tail lights.

I meant to put a California number plate on it but forgot and took the pictures first, doh!

ZsmwjJW.jpg

And here's a last look before stardom on a shelf in the mancave.

Thanks for looking and as always, sticks and stones or donations are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Pete

• Like 8

Hey Pete!

Congratulations you're kustom VW looks great!!!!

Looking at the front... don't know why, reminds me to Jethro Tull's "locomotive breath". Fantastic Idea.

And it was my pleasure to support your build and it feels good to know that the parts found their part in your mancave.

Concerning your sickness, I hope it's not serious and you will recover soon.

All the best

Marco F

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Note the delete wipers option was ticked. SoCal Baby!

"Seems it never rains in Southern California 
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before 
It never rains in California, but boy, don't they warn ya 
It pours, man, it pours…"

Neat work Pete, I really dig it, cool man.....!! :coolio:

Keith

• Thanks 1

I saw one of these on the road yesterday! Of course, it had no crew cab and it missed the extravagant looks you gave it, but it was a T2 pickup nonetheless! Very rare in real life I'd say.

• Thanks 1

That is a most pleasant vehicle wot you have wrought Pete. I hold it in great affection.

Oozes charm and character from every orifice - a sort of Point Break vibe with a whimsical hint of Scooby-Doo.

💗 it.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I'm off work poorly sick so managed to get this over the line at last.

Best wishes for a rapid return to form Pete.

Ps. Some reading to go with the Lucozade:

https://www.thevictorbookforboys.com/

• Thanks 1

Thank you. If I was doing it again there are a couple of things I'd change, but it is unique and I'm pretty chuffed with the result.

Back at work Tuesday so it has to be better by then. these pills are great. Wibble.

I still have my Victor annual from 1970 something with Captain Hurricane on the cover! I'll still have a butchers at the link though. 😁

• Like 1