Going to assume I'm not welcomed here........

I've PM'd Mike and have not gotten a response. I've asked about not being able to post in the Manufacturers forum, but have yet to hear from anyone. I posted an announcement for a new product in the Rumormonger section and it was abruptly deleted. 

If I'm not welcome, please just extend some common courtesy and let me know. 

Dave

Oh dear - Sorry Dave, I'm just not able to reply to everyone all at the same time, and you were at the back of a long queue.  I had a quick look at your PM y'day IIRC, and because the reply is long-winded, I didn't have time to sort it there and then. :shrug:

Still want to play, or have we upset you?

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I can’t start a new topic in the ‘Manufacturers’ forum either.

Mike, is there a special reason?  Only if there’s no announcement there might be numbers of disgruntled members / subscribers all yelling at you, increasing your workload unnecessarily.

Just a suggestion / friendly comment!

Jonny

53 minutes ago, Jonny said:

FWIW, I can’t start a new topic in the ‘Manufacturers’ forum either.

Mike, is there a special reason?  Only if there’s no announcement there might be numbers of disgruntled members / subscribers all yelling at you, increasing your workload unnecessarily.

Just a suggestion / friendly comment!

Jonny

No reason other than it is restricted so that topics can be started by manufacturers only who have been approved by prior arrangement.

This may make things clearer... :)

Most salient bit being 

The topics here will be started by accredited manufacturers (not shops, traders etc.), who will need to register as such by dropping me a PM and telling me which company they're involved with.  We'll then switch their membership category over to the newly minted Manufacturer type, which will give them the relevant permissions to start a topic to let us know what they're up to.  Us members will be able to reply, but crucially WON'T be able to start topics and muddy the waters with duplicates, wishlists and so forth.

Matt

• Like 3

• Julien locked this topic