British A34 Comet

So finished my Bronco A34 Comet. Minus 1x canvas mantlet cover. No dramas at all with the kit. Straight out the box build apart from a metal gun barrel. Painted with Vallejo. Used mig and 501 oils and pigments. Figure is from Alpine. Any comments or constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for looking.

47846501332_29f96b9826_b.jpg 47846501482_b028ea3e88_b.jpg

47109324304_ee904fb11d_b.jpg

47846501392_0a25f98e49_b.jpg

47846501342_e36ea0bde1_b.jpg

• Like 42

I keep thinking I'm going to sell all my 1/35 stuff - and then people like you post lovely builds like this, you're no help at all!! :)

Really like your finish and the not over done weathering - very nice work indeed! Base sets it all off very well too! :thumbsup:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent piece of work!

I have a soft spot for the Comet, its one of the better- looking tank designs of British origin.

Great paintjob and weathering too.

Greetings from Vienna,

Roman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, what an amazing build! You've certainly made the Comet shine! Which version of the Bronco kit did you build? The newer one or the older one with the one-piece tracks? I really want to build the Comet, but don't like dealing with individual-link tracks.

Thanks very much for sharing!! :) 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, qcarr said:

Wow, what an amazing build! You've certainly made the Comet shine! Which version of the Bronco kit did you build? The newer one or the older one with the one-piece tracks? I really want to build the Comet, but don't like dealing with individual-link tracks.

Thanks very much for sharing!! :) 

Hi thanks for all the positive feed back. I built the newer kit with the individual track links. The fit was great and I was surprised myself. Only a little clean up required and they all clipped together fine with no glue at all. Really enjoyed this kit. Some detail was a bit poor round the handles on the rear decks. I’m very much a out the box guy. Didn’t fancy chopping bits off and replacing them. Same reason why I didn’t bother with the canvas cover for the mantlet.

• Like 2

That looks really really good! I stick to WWI stuff but l love surfing on here and seeing what other people manage to accomplish 😊

• Thanks 1

I'm mostly a 1/72 aircraft fan and have done some small scale armour in the past and a few 1/35 tanks in the early 80's.

Your Comet looks fantastic, especially on that nicely done base.

Chris

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kris B said:

Nicely done. One thing to practice for next time is the figure eyes. Apart from that good job. 

Yeah I noticed that too. Found some stuff on YouTube that will hopefully help with that in the next build. 

• 2 weeks later...