1 72 scale ostwind A A downs a spitfire dio.

Hi guys my latest build started out as a Maco ostwind A A tank kit but as I like to add a addition to the main subject I decided to add a downed aircraft.
I wanted the fuselage shot up so ,using metal foil made rips in sides (see pics) also made a new rudder where fabric was torn off and cut off various parts of plane, the rest of dio including stonework was scratch built, it was a long build but the aircraft was something new for me and I enjoyed it .
Hope you like. have added a few pics of making ripped parts of fuselage.
P S don't know if it should be posted in the aircraft section but it did start as a military piece .
P P S the pilot survived....

DSCN7055 DSCN7065 DSCN7080 DSCN7066 DSCN7068 DSCN7069 DSCN7069 DSCN7071 DSCN7072 DSCN7046 DSCN7044 DSCN7042 DSCN7043

• Like 14

This is my experience of War Thunder in one image.

In all seriousness, very good dio, I love the way you've done the bullet holes, very convincing.

Decals are a bit shiny though, did you do the thing with the gloss varnish and the matt varnish?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlobMan said:

This is my experience of War Thunder in one image.

In all seriousness, very good dio, I love the way you've done the bullet holes, very convincing.

Decals are a bit shiny though, did you do the thing with the gloss varnish and the matt varnish?

Thanks for comments guys .

Don't use any varnish ,if the decals are Matt they go on if they gloss I throw them away and find others.