Arma Hobby 1/72 Fokker E.V (Junior Set)

Jinxman

All ready and waiting here - I'll be plumping for the Olt.z. S.Gotthard Sachsenberg version with the funky yellow and black scheme - silly boy that I am.

Early start Saturday for me, twelve hours off and then back at it early Sunday, all being well. 😀

cheers

• Like 2

Battle is joined - I'm still a bit groggy, not really my best time of day. Perhaps I'll get one of the offspring to knock me up another cup of Earl Grey in a minute. 🙂

Here is the culprit; Arma Hobby's very nice looking Fokker. Hopefully it will slot together easily and allow a bit of time for decalling.

47927775182_776a7d727b.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beggsy said:

Good luck!

Cheers! ..and of course the same to you.

Getting into it a little slowly; there is some nicely detailed cockpit stuff, but quite a lot of flash which is a bit fiddly to remove. The jig for aligning the u/c is handy.

I also filled the grooves in the wing - fairly sure the plywood covering would have had a smoother finish than that.

47928479947_ef5f31a79a_z.jpg

Olive drab airbrushed onto the offending parts, and the few black bits will get the same treatment next.

47928480242_0d8927a675_z.jpg

• Like 5

Goodness your off the chocks fast, good start, looks good. Wife just brought me an Earl Grey too, hope it helps me like is seems to have with you

good luck

Cheers, music selection might have had something to with it..😀

Cardigans - Gran Turismo

Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around

Cast - The Collection

Cerebral Fix - Tower of Spite

Black Sabbath - Best of..

Should be enough to keep anyone going..

Lunch soon - I'm positively Hank..🥙

• Like 1

..and a bit of lunch. I'm spoilt sometimes. 😉

Wild garlic pesto and pasta, chilli & cheese bloomer, and a nice bit of salad.

Just a shame there is no room for a little cider with it.. 🍻

47929027291_f84fe4eb35_z.jpg

• Like 4

Progressing ok, apart from Flickr which won't let me do anything. 😤

Descriptions now, pics later, all being well.

The wing didn't come out too well - I think I must have rubbed all of the Perfect Putty out - never mind, as it's now had the first coat upper and lower surfaces - hopefully I'll get the purple and brown on in the next two hours.

47929797186_c17dd84a2f_z.jpg

Fuselage stitched up - wasn't too bad, and I still need to add some of the cockpit bits in, but I wanted it to set overnight just in case.

Engine painted and dry-brushed - it came out ok I think. Tailpalne had a blast of Mr.Base 1000 - came out ok so I can use that without anything else on it.

47929790858_f8b405cabd_z.jpg

Keep on keeping on...

• Like 2

..and that's me for the day.

Further music by;

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

David Bowie - Low

Blur - Parklife

Wing has the main bits of paint on - a little bit of touching up, and the streaky effect can be added tomorrow as it will be dried out,

47929833741_59aac900e6_z.jpg

47929825852_0540f0b73c_z.jpg

A few bits primed white, mostly as a background for yellow - not much left on the sprue now, just the fiddly bits for the end,

47929824267_eb64969ca8_z.jpg

..and the rest - even got a touch of filler on the fuselage - sent the PPP to the naughty bin and used the Citadel stuff - it'll be rock hard by the morning. 😐

47929834596_1290ff9e34_z.jpg

A beer and nut roast with broccoli await - see you all in the morning 🤙

• Like 5

Yellow's on, wing 'streaking'  done, and first coat of Klear applied to the wing. Put too much on and it ran, but can be sorted I think.

47934685731_fce73e5924_z.jpg

• Like 1

..and some big decals on, fuselage with two coats of Klear, and some silly, small decals that I can't see without the Optivisor on.

Tea and leftover pasta for me - see you later.

47935562512_e095d945fa_z.jpg

47935562452_a90020aa81_z.jpg

47935562402_b304b71957_z.jpg

47935582501_8f8f26dd38_z.jpg

• Like 2

Incredible, such good quality here and with all the builds....I wonder why then it takes us 24 months usually to build stuff when actually we seem to be able to do in 24hrs just as good.

I really fancy trying one like this, love the wings 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Incredible, such good quality here and with all the builds....I wonder why then it takes us 24 months usually to build stuff when actually we seem to be able to do in 24hrs just as good.

I really fancy trying one like this, love the wings 

Thanks. I agree about the time thing - I've got a stack of stuff on the shelf of doom - but the last kit I finished was last year's Blitzbuild. (Albeit the day after the Blitzbuild finished). 😀

Unfortunately I've just discovered a kit with the 'self-folding decals from hell.' I should have gone for the Polish version. Plodding on but can't get it properly finished now as I've got bits of black lozenge missing which will have to be added later - never mind eh?

47936358758_9ef1258bdf_z.jpg

47936343547_4a0c8d3e46_z.jpg

• Like 2

..and that's me as far as I can get. Shouldn't take much to finish it off though.

Blitzbuild 2 - Jinxman 0. I'll be back in August though. ^_^

47937326113_17d01c494b_z.jpg

47937333101_018ab5c5f4_z.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, Foxbat said:

It's very close and looks great. I hope to see it in RFI soon. 

Andy

..and eventually got it done! In RFI here;

• Like 1