Lancaster Number Two

1 hour ago, Don149 said:

PS , I don`t know how to post larger pics  !  .

Yes, that is an issue with Village.Photos and why I went to Flickr. With VP your images need to be fairly large when saved. With Flickr, you do get some options but they still need to be not too small. Your pictures need to be in the 600x800 pixel range to be a good size on the forum.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Lovely clean build and paint job. I do like the way you included the crew.

For posting photos, I use my ancient Skydrive aka Microsoft's cloud storage version. It came 'free' with a hotmail (now outlook) account yonks ago. Back then (at least a decade or more) it wasn't very well integrated with anything, and the only way you could get at it was via hotmail. Getting a public link was painful.

Now a days it's integrated very well, I can get at it via my PC's desktop or file system, and generating an embedded link is a breeze.  You can then edit the generated code, to change the width and height of the image, before inserting into this forum.

1 minute ago, bhouse said:

Superb work - but with your thread title I was expecting to see a detailed Elsan in their somewhere!

There is one in the kit!

Just a test, to see if I can post a larger version of your picture.

09c11bcc-b286-4e05-b30d-2904afcd00e1.JPG

Your image as posted here is 466x350 pixels. The one above that I posted is 640x480 pixels. All I did was go to my Village.Photos account and put the word Lancaster into search. Your pictures were the first ones to show. I clicked on the first one which opened onto a page with a download option. I clicked on that and the image appeared all with nothing else on the page. I then copied the URL code in the bar at the top left of my monitor screen and then I posted it here. Computers are so weird sometimes.

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks Dogsbody , but I wouldn`t know a pixel if I tripped over one ! . Are they adjustable on the camera or the computer ? .

Don .

I can re-size pictures on my PC using Paint. I also use Flickr to host my pictures for posting on forums like this one. Up a limit, Flickr gives you some variation on the size of the image you would like to post. I don't know about sizing images using any form of hand0held devices. I'm a bit old-school that way ( because I'm old ).

Village.Photos doesn't let you edit/change your pictures in any way like sizing. It does show you the size of the image. Click on any of your pictures so it opens up by itself. At the lower left corner you will see File Information. The first line below that is the image dimensions in pixels.

Here's an example from one of my Village.Photos pictures:

File Information
Dimensions: 900 x 900 pixels.
Orientation: Square
Filesize: 87.10KB
Uploaded : 23/05/2019
Original Filename : Profile gauge.jpg

Chris

Thanks Chris , I`ll try to take in your posting . You say you`re old , I went into the RAF at the end of `52 , hows that for old ? .

No doubt that`s why I`m a bit slow on the uptake with this modern wizadry ! .

Don .

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

A bit late to this party, but that's rather well done.  :goodjob:  What scale is it? 

I have the Kits World decal sheet for this aircraft to do in 1:48, but that does not show the yellow stripes on the fins.  I don't doubt you're right to add them, but could you point me in the direction of a suitable reference please?  Thanks.