This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Min

1/72 Hasegawa J-35Ö Draken - Austrian Air Force

Finished towards the end of 2018, this was a kit that I'd had in my stash for close to 10 years. Had held off on building it telling myself "one day, when I get better at this hobby and won't make a mess of it".

Finally got tired of waiting and just bit the bullet. As I recall, the build was relatively trouble-free and I really enjoyed seeing it come together. I built the Austrian Air Force scheme because it was the only one available from the box, I did not manage to source alternative decals in time. Since then I've managed to get my hands on the more recent boxing by Hasegawa, this time with Swedish markings - can't wait to build and paint that one!

This is a completely OOB build, weathering was kept subtle as I read somewhere that the Austrians kept their jets pretty clean. As always, thanks for looking :bye:

KaEGGAR.jpg

nwWWtLR.jpg

65Hr4dm.jpg

Oi5Yvy4.jpg

ZgBr9Tg.jpg

PhkvZSm.jpg

s3Nrcpu.jpg

lXroAEN.jpg

4f9NV32.jpg

MxQ0obg.jpg

Posted (edited)

Looks great - very nice. Love the Draken.

Edited by Hobo

Hooray, it's one of 'ours' - built 'down under'!

A very nice rendition of this classic jet aircraft.

Posted (edited)

Ah yes, very nice :)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

Hello Min,

Smallllllllllll, but clean build.

Regards, Orion

Great stuff!:goodjob:

Mike.

Really nice Draken there, great job

A classic in 72nd scale no less done to perfection!!!!!  

Great!

You built a very early Austrian Draken without dayglow numbers and pre MkII Update!

Great work!!

I'm always happy to see SAAB's finest here on BM. And this is a really nice example. Well done🙂

Kind Regards,

Antti

Do love a good Draken, and that's a beauty

I saw that little beauty at the Illawarra show last weekend. Your photo's dont do it justice. Hard to chose between that and the Luftwaffe F-104G for the best 1:72 Jet there.

She's a real stunner, looks awesome in that scheme

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

I saw that little beauty at the Illawarra show last weekend. Your photo's dont do it justice. Hard to chose between that and the Luftwaffe F-104G for the best 1:72 Jet there.

Hang on a sec... @Greg B was that your 1/48 Kitty Hawk Fitter on the table that I ogled over?? If so... :worthy: It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Hope you can tell me about it one day.

On a side note, I felt the in-flight MiG-29 was the worthy winner in the 1/72 category on the day.

20 minutes ago, Min said:

Hang on a sec... @Greg B was that your 1/48 Kitty Hawk Fitter on the table that I ogled over?? If so... :worthy: It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Hope you can tell me about it one day.

On a side note, I felt the in-flight MiG-29 was the worthy winner in the 1/72 category on the day.

Guilty, thank you for the compliment. The MiG was nice but I preferred others in that category.  As I said, the Draken was lovely, I have quite a few in 1:48 to build and its a cracking kit of a cracking aircraft.

Looks great, especially the weathering!  I always liked the look of the Draken and have considered picking up the Hasegawa kit.  Good to hear that you say it's a trouble-free build.

Cheers,

Mark