1/72 Hasegawa J-35Ö Draken - Austrian Air Force

Finished towards the end of 2018, this was a kit that I'd had in my stash for close to 10 years. Had held off on building it telling myself "one day, when I get better at this hobby and won't make a mess of it".

Finally got tired of waiting and just bit the bullet. As I recall, the build was relatively trouble-free and I really enjoyed seeing it come together. I built the Austrian Air Force scheme because it was the only one available from the box, I did not manage to source alternative decals in time. Since then I've managed to get my hands on the more recent boxing by Hasegawa, this time with Swedish markings - can't wait to build and paint that one!

This is a completely OOB build, weathering was kept subtle as I read somewhere that the Austrians kept their jets pretty clean. As always, thanks for looking :bye:

KaEGGAR.jpg

nwWWtLR.jpg

65Hr4dm.jpg

Oi5Yvy4.jpg

ZgBr9Tg.jpg

PhkvZSm.jpg

s3Nrcpu.jpg

lXroAEN.jpg

4f9NV32.jpg

MxQ0obg.jpg

• Like 34

I saw that little beauty at the Illawarra show last weekend. Your photo's dont do it justice. Hard to chose between that and the Luftwaffe F-104G for the best 1:72 Jet there.

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

I saw that little beauty at the Illawarra show last weekend. Your photo's dont do it justice. Hard to chose between that and the Luftwaffe F-104G for the best 1:72 Jet there.

Hang on a sec... @Greg B was that your 1/48 Kitty Hawk Fitter on the table that I ogled over?? If so... :worthy: It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Hope you can tell me about it one day.

On a side note, I felt the in-flight MiG-29 was the worthy winner in the 1/72 category on the day.

20 minutes ago, Min said:

Hang on a sec... @Greg B was that your 1/48 Kitty Hawk Fitter on the table that I ogled over?? If so... :worthy: It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Hope you can tell me about it one day.

On a side note, I felt the in-flight MiG-29 was the worthy winner in the 1/72 category on the day.

Guilty, thank you for the compliment. The MiG was nice but I preferred others in that category.  As I said, the Draken was lovely, I have quite a few in 1:48 to build and its a cracking kit of a cracking aircraft.

• Thanks 1

Looks great, especially the weathering!  I always liked the look of the Draken and have considered picking up the Hasegawa kit.  Good to hear that you say it's a trouble-free build.

Cheers,

Mark