2 times 12 hours of Total Tropical Terror Bf 109 Trop 1/72

With an hour 1hr 20 left of session one she’s now primed and hopefully dry enough to test these paints. Il try the sandgelb RLM 1 first. The canopy is jaunty but I, thinking il pose it open so only sat on for primer. Be pleased if I can at least get the sand on this tonight before bed

47930904997_e1aa4c2460_b.jpg

• Like 2

Now I don’t claim to be an expert on modelling, brush painting or RLM colours etc, but I do read and research a lot about MTO axis aircraft and I’m pernickety about it too and hard to please. The hataka paints blue line are indeed optimised for brush painting, not a streak in sight. I didn’t like the look of their RLM 79a but once on, i think it is pretty good for the 109 I’m doing just now. It’s certainly the lightest shade I’ve got, and i think i have most of them so if I’m pleased with it, it must be good. Though i have had 3 beers and been at this for 10 hours. I am totally relaxed though, which you can’t buy in this world of stress and worry...we’ll actually you can. 5 kits a week a few decals paints etc and a bit of time, 

47931053691_5803187538_b.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very fast and excellent work my friend.

Really impressive how you've got this far with a kit in such a short time, and done a great job of it too.

Thanks Craig, I always think if you like what I’ve done then I’m doing something right. Not blitz building this weekend mate?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Thanks Craig, I always think if you like what I’ve done then I’m doing something right. Not blitz building this weekend mate?

Don't start using me as a guide to if somethings good or not, that's frightening!

No Not blitz building, hardly any building due to the Revell Tornado sucking my modelling mojo from me. I've decided to stop building it (not an easy decision as I don't like to be beaten by kits) as it was really getting me down so I've picked up a part started ICM (Tamiya copy) P-51B which is helping, also just ordered some nice decals for it from Hannants.

This scheme on a 109E has to be my favourite and I built a fair few Matchbox ones in this scheme as a kid, I think the colours you are using look pretty good to me, especially the RLM 78 on the undersides and your brush painting is excellent.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dave_R said:

Looking very nice, you've made me think I should check out these Hataka paints.

Dave.

Dave, they are really good. In the set you also get the sand Braun for later versions which is more a brown. I’d get another set for sure as I was just about to move away from brush painting these are making me think again

57 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Don't start using me as a guide to if somethings good or not, that's frightening!

No Not blitz building, hardly any building due to the Revell Tornado sucking my modelling mojo from me. I've decided to stop building it (not an easy decision as I don't like to be beaten by kits) as it was really getting me down so I've picked up a part started ICM (Tamiya copy) P-51B which is helping, also just ordered some nice decals for it from Hannants.

This scheme on a 109E has to be my favourite and I built a fair few Matchbox ones in this scheme as a kid, I think the colours you are using look pretty good to me, especially the RLM 78 on the undersides and your brush painting is excellent.

Keep up the good work.

Not like a kit to beat you so it MUST be bad. I’m glad though you have another line to get you back on track. It’s certainly not me, it’s the paints, they are fantastic

• Like 1

Thought I’d posted this. Holding here as that’s 12 hours since I started. RLM 80 mottles to be continued early tomorrow.47931545458_700d9ac607_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 7

Don’t think Flickr is 100% cant get any photos up again. Waiting on paint drying so I can get a varnish on ahead of decals. Il do all the wee bits in the mean time

Try this breakfast shot. Not much progress but looks good from a distance. Foreground is a Scottish crispy or Glasgow roll with square sausage and potato scone thanks to Mrs Valkyrie 

47934628952_7b5a90bacc_b.jpg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Ahh, roast beef. What with it?

Home made Yorkshire’s, a Demi glacé I’ve been making all morning and carrots, peas local asparagus and roasters. There will be brown sauce on the table. Followed by strudel and ice cream 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Home made Yorkshire’s, a Demi glacé I’ve been making all morning and carrots, peas local asparagus and roasters. There will be brown sauce on the table. Followed by strudel and ice cream 

Yum, yum. Save me some roasters please!

I've got the leftover pasta from yesterday, though my youngest daughter's unexpectedly turned up so I might have to defrost some potato and chard curry, a bit of coriander, (chopped), out of the garden and I'm done. 🌿

• Like 1

Okay bit of a rush at the end but here we are, pretty enjoyable, just technology and lingering dinner guests made it a rush in the end. The hataka paints are splendid for brush painting, not a brush mark at all right out the bottle, a very good desert Luftwaffe set too. Airfix 109s in 1/72 are a great fun easy build and you can get a nice model. Roll on August blitz. Another enjoyable weekend and now I can sit back and watch everyone else 

47937784608_3ed3dfe255_b.jpg

47937773667_0cec4cc83a_b.jpg

47937796341_af3b008487_b.jpg

47937784628_0ce5d97c93_b.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

An excellent result!

Really well done, and so quickly too. Definitely re-ignited my interest in Luftwaffe Med colour schemes.

Thanks Craig! Really great subject yes get one done, really interesting when you get into it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great piece of work ! :clap2:... Ive been wanting to do a desert eagle 109 for years. I hope mine looks this good when I get to build it. 

You should not put it off, I’m going to be doing a lot more. Thanks