1/72 Novo Beaufighter Coastal Command

An old Novo 1/72 Beaufighter with aftermarket decals finished as a Coastal Command Torpedo and rocket armed aircraft. the panel lines are pencil and chalk. All hand painted with Tamiya acrylics. Figure and jeep are Airfix, the truck is an old unnamed metal kit. The grass is some Czhek ready made mat and hangar printed off the net!! the base is mine!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John_W said:

Beautiful Build. Unfortunately the Sperry Autopilot (The bulge on top of the nose) was only fitted to the Australian Mk 21.

Also it would not have carried both torpedo and rockets. It's one or the other.

Other than that, you've done a great job on a crappy old kit. I chucked mine away years ago, after Hasegawa first released theirs and I acquired one. You diorama skills are impressive as well.

Chris

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Also it would not have carried both torpedo and rockets. It's one or the other.

Other than that, you've done a great job on a crappy old kit. I chucked mine away years ago, after Hasegawa first released theirs and I acquired one. You diorama skills are impressive as well.

Chris

Thanx Chris, I just went with this illustration

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Linescriber said:

Thanx Chris, I just went with this illustration

The cover illustration comes form the box art of the old Airfix dog fight double Beau & Bf 109. As such a bit fanciful perhaps. Some discussion on the subject with illustrations of the actual machine, which seems to have been a rocket Beau. Its a nice looking model & cracking little dio too. :) 

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

Looks great! I like the dioramas - very realistic. Proof that the old kits can be made into nice models. Love the Frog kits!

Edited by Hobo

Well done.  An “ugly” airplane made “beautiful”!!!!!!  It`s not easy to have “ugly” and “beautiful” in the same sentence.

I like it!!!!! 😎

Amazing what you've achieved for this old kit.  Never built it myself but judging by comments from others it's pretty horrid.  This is a very interesting scheme for a Beau.  I believe it was pretty short lived.