Aurora 1/48 F2b Brisfit

This is the Monogram release of this venerable old kit. It has a 4 bladed prop, which was only used on later Brisfits with a different engine and the dual Lewis gun mount, which the gunners did not like as it was more difficult to swing around and bring to bear. All I did was add a basic interior and drill out the exhausts and guns. Even used the kit decals, which were easier to apply as the Monogram releases of these kits had the locator ribbing removed. Anyhoo, here 'tis.

32936962787_e4fee17570_k.jpg

47091641384_7ec7cca881_k.jpg

47091642194_70ae7bce8d_k.jpg

47091644134_f5e4400f48_k.jpg

32936963667_83267f2ec0_k.jpg

47091643304_4a75c8aab5_k.jpg

32936964517_4e78dcb5de_k.jpg

Edited by gamevender
  • Like 17

State of the art back in the day, and still cleans up pretty nicely! Your build brought back a lot of fond memories, as I remember building almost all of the 1/48 Aurora biplanes; in my opinion, they were the best kits Aurora did...I kinda liked the raised lines depicting the decal placement, as Aurora decals were the worst, and I could paint the national insignia and rudder stripes. Does anybody else remember all that milky goop that used to come off of their decals when being immersed in water? You have done a great job on the old gal! Too bad no enterprising aftermarket firm didn't do upgrade/detail sets for the Aurora kits, as the airframes seemed to be pretty accurate.

Mike

That Looks really lovely ! I have an early boxing of it stashed somewhere, one of very few Aurora kits I have. But a Monogram issue of that kit is new to me - AFAIK, Monogram only ever reissued three of the WW I kits, in heavily reworked form, so I'd be very curious in seeing the box for this one if you still have it.

1 hour ago, tempestfan said:

That Looks really lovely ! I have an early boxing of it stashed somewhere, one of very few Aurora kits I have. But a Monogram issue of that kit is new to me - AFAIK, Monogram only ever reissued three of the WW I kits, in heavily reworked form, so I'd be very curious in seeing the box for this one if you still have it.

Looks like Revell did, by the looks of this box art!

Mike

https://www.scalemodellingnow.com/hnaircraftkits-revell-bristol-f2b-fighter