it has been some time ,but....

.....neighbour walter had some time to spare earlier today .he made over fifty photo's of my latest projects. we start with the dutch 1/72 DouglasNorthrop 8A [the dutch version was numbered ba-3n] mpm models.this is first because I used the only recently available hataka lacquer paint set with the dutch colours from the 1930-ies and may 1940 . this plane has a tragic history .it was intended to be used as a bomber ,but the americans had not delivered the bombs .so it was used as a fighter ,and consequently met the same fate like the me-110 did in the battle of britain : almost all were destroyed , went down fighting. read this for more information.   http://www.waroverholland.nl/index.php?page=douglas-8a-3n must confess that I am not unhappy with this final result.,it is not such an easy kit to make something nice out of it ,this one was not the first one I tried to build.the antenna will come later ,but the position of that thing is awkward :every time you lift the model your thumb will push the thread on the wings and than it is too late and the damage is done [I'll use ez line from [deutsche mádel?] uschi van [von?] der rosten] ........the second plane is an 1/72 rwd 5 ,a very basic kit made by pladtyk models . it was like a vacu kit ,the polystyreen! but it is very cheap ,less than four euro ,on ebay..    yNuxkKU.jpg   and  nuznsE0.jpg  and  e3eeLVr.jpg  and  Bjq1BZi.jpg  and  PkTw784.jpg  and  ucaPYoI.jpg   and  bPxxIDX.jpg   and CQf7sAZ.jpg   and  E9Za5Rj.jpg   ps ,I still have in my stash a plastyk kit of a rwd 6 ,was in the same lot of six kits for 14 euro on ebay some time ago 

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
inserted working link
  • Like 13