Airfix 1/24 Hellcat WIP

Thanks Tony. I can honestly say that i will be getting another one when they are officially out , i would love to do a US one too.

On to the wings , which are actually a step before the engine. I have to say , this wing center section is so strong. The two ribs fit to the wing , then the rear spar locks them into the correct position. I love the way the catapult hooks are actually molded onto the rib , and then fit through a whole. So far the ejector pin marks are all on the backs of the parts.

Sg8D46y.jpg

dEHFApt.jpg

eSMPIUt.jpg

• Like 12

Great work so far. I initially saw the pin marks in the office but they all seem to be covered up with belts and other parts. As you said all the other pin marks are on the rear, unlike my 1/24 Hurri. Going great guns sir. I’ll tag along if you don’t mind.

Johnny.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gunpowder17 said:

Sorry for the lack or progress at the mo. I have had some commission work to do.

Phew - thought Airfix had blocked you from posting  somehow!!!!  Looking forward to any updates..

6 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

For those with pre-orders, only a few days to go now 😁

Yes, I'm waiting for the "Cha-CHINGG!!" sound to come via my email inbox...$$$$$

On 12/06/2019 at 18:14, Bstarr3 said:

This looks great, very excited to see this build continue.  Here I am wondering where I'm going to fit my existing 1/32 kits in the stash, and you've got me wanting to buy a 1/24!

Talking off large models I have both the HK Models 1/32 Lancaster and the new 1/24th Wildcat to build. 

No idea at all where they might go...😧

The Lancaster has a span of 97cm...

1 hour ago, gunpowder17 said:

Back on this one now so I will update in a day or so. I’m pleased it’s now out so others can experience the kit too.

Oh yes! Got mine today and can't wait to get stuck in.

• Julien locked this topic