Airfix 1/24 Hellcat WIP

I have not posted a work in progress for years so i thought others might want to see this one , the new Airfix 1/24 Hellcat. I wasnt expecting this kit yet ,but my LHS text me to tell me she had it in. The box is a bit damaged but this is because they had 3 in and one was damaged. I was quite happy having the damaged one , they can then sell the good ones. He did tell me that he thought if it went back he wouldnt get another one as they had sold out. Its a really nice kit , good detail , beautiful stressed skin and a FAA option!

Heres the box art. Very nice artwork that nearly made me want to do a US one.

LxMytuQ.jpg

Starting with the cockpit , i am using the airscale set. I wouldnt say its really needed as the kit cockpit is really really nice , but i thought i would use it anyway. The centre console is the airscale replacement. It all fits together great so far. Paint is Tamiya mix of Olive drab and yellow green to get the US interior green colour.

Tq98Wln.jpg

dptpQ6u.jpg

pmBtI1y.jpg

Lots of detail so far , more later....

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

I want this kit so badly! I'll be living off yours as a surrogate until I get my hands on the plastic.

Also interested in seeing the Airscale set installed, it does look nice.

Alan

Edited by Alan P

25 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Looking good.  Do the placards only come in the Airscale set of do Airfix provide decals for those?

Airfix provide some too , which are actually very good.

• Like 1

I have been wondering why I had not seen any more builds on this kit. Apparently it was not supposed to get sold until June with a global release. The shop owner new nothing about it so mine escaped!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cockpit looks great! You nailed the interior green (FS34151) cockpit color, and the Airscale placards look like the real thing, too. Can't wait to see this puppy in TSS!  (Going to be a BPF kite,  by any chance?)

Mike

18 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Well, either it has or it hasn't. There's no sort of about it.

I didnt say sort of i said technically. Its supposed to be released in June , i was sold it by mistake.