RoG's McLaren 570S all done, finished in Tamiya TS21 Gold, with Semi Gloss Black and Alclad Dark Aluminium details. Interior is my own 'cream' and 'light black' acrylic mixes. The CF decals are from Ka Models of Korea (highly recommended). Not a great kit and fought me all the way to the very end - the final assembly is a proper PitA. I knew to attach the dash onto the lip BEFORE adding the interior because I'd read and seen so many build reviews. Even so, the final fit is truly dreadful...

All that said, like the Ferrari 458, the finished car is truly a thing of beauty to my eye. Please feel free to make any comments or ask any questions (yes I know the exhausts aren't on yet).

NbBYL4g.jpg

U3UrhFK.jpg

WpQYFB0.jpg

aEHCHy4.jpg

2Rjoj7L.jpg

z3px4bZ.jpg

RDlkaFs.jpg

rU9cjM9.jpg

Hw0xC6p.jpg

05wfwRS.jpg

Best from NZ.

Ian.

• Like 12

That gold/carbon combo really suits it, which I would not have imagined without images.  I'm currently nearing the end of a different RoG build myself and it's also a pain. I can imagine why the US Revell kits are poorly engineers but you'd expect better from Germany. Still, it is the only 570S kit, so better a poor one than none at all I guess. As is often the case, any build struggles are not apparent in the final result - very nice!

• Thanks 1

Thank you folks, much appreciated. Getting on with a couple of aircraft projects just now, back to cars in a weeks.

AFN, best from NZ.

Ian.