SMER 1/72 Morane Saulnier MS 225

Hi- There must be a word for that time space between dropping your prized creation knowing its going to end up in bits and it hitting the ground and....er... ending up in bits.

In this case I had a bit of a disaster in placing the final decals. This Morane either hit a microburst or (more likely) my left hand hit it and it went into an inverted spin before hitting the floor. It all happened in slow motion. The wing struts and cabane struts partially detached - still working on it. 🙁

Pretty sure this is the old Heller kit- cheap and cheerful - with a few of the parts needing a tidy up. Brush painted. Rigging is invisible thread.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 23

7 hours ago, Pinback said:

Pretty sure this is the old Heller kit

You're correct on the kits pedigree and it would be a suitable subject for next year's Classic Heller Group Build in either the Heller or SMER boxing.

In spite of your mishap you've done a great job there, well done!

I have to agree with @stevehnz it's an attractive subject and an attractive model. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking bird.  One of my favourite of the between-the-wars French designs actually, after the Dewoitine D500/510.  Snazzy looking little plane and your build is no different.  I have built this kit a couple of times and each time I am happy with it.  Well done!

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 10:19 PM, Savenosouls said:

hope your decals behaved better than mine

Thanks Savenosouls- the decals were surprisingly good :)

On 5/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, Wez said:

it would be a suitable subject for next year's Classic Heller Group Build

Thanks Wez- Will definitely take a look - Have a Sabre and Magister sitting in the queue to do- would prompt me to get at least one done:)

On 5/23/2019 at 10:51 PM, John D.C. Masters said:

One of my favourite of the between-the-wars French designs actually, after the Dewoitine D500/510

Ευχαριστώ John - For me its the Nieuport Delage 622- I'm slowly building the Azur- eek!

spacer.png

Edited by Pinback
typo
  • Like 1