Trophies for 'most liked content'

Now, I know that the Trophies for 'Most Liked Content' are a bit of a laugh and not a true reflection of anything at all really, but it is nice to see 'one's name in lights' now and then.

Yesterday, I got to a flying start in the Tiger GB, assembling a set of Friul's for my Tiger in around 4 hours - a feat I was/am very proud of. And most humbled I was by all of the appreciative comments and 'likes'.  And waking up in the small hours of Sunday morning (after a diabetic 'nodding-off midway through typing a post on BM episode') and having little else to do, I wondered how I'd fared in the 'Trophy Hunt'.

Well, it turns out I got 35 likes for my day's work, the same number of likes as the winner of the Gold Trophy. Congrats to him then. But I wonder why he got Gold and I got Silver? Did his 'Bar of Gold' . have any influence?  Whilst I am happy to give way to a Gold Member (and all that signifies) I do wonder why we didn't BOTH share the Gold and the 2nd place get Bronze? That IS the accepted  etiquette at the Olympics and the Greenwich Branch of the Women's Institute Best Fairy Cake Competition?

I suspect the answer will be 'It's done automatically by a software program' and 'the program writer didn't think about 'ties''

THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Let's not forget the 'hat-pin' incident which occurred when Mrs Gibbons and Mrs Elderberry of the Greenwich WI were mistakenly given Gold and Silver respectively, which, after some major colonic plumbing ultimately' led to the adoption of the ' Joint 1st/Shared Gold,  No Silver, 2nd place Bronze. Rule'.  Whilst I of course do not own a hat-pin and would never insert one into another person, or indeed take my rage out on a fellow competitor, I know that there are SOME members on BM who would scratch-build  a fully functioning 1:1 scale Challenger tank, drive it to the Server's Vault and fire fully functioning scratch-built depleted uranium rounds into it. And no one would want that, would they?

I wait respectfully, for an answer,

Rearguards,

Badder

:hobbyhorse:

Edited by Badder
  • Haha 1