F-16A Fighter 1:32 Kangnam

Hello

F-16A Fighter, scale 1:32 by Kangnam.

I built the model for over a year.

The elements were poorly folded, so I had to bend a little to make the model look something.

Flags on both sides, I painted from masks.

The antenna, lights and static charge scatterers are not set.

Ventilation holes behind the plot and the ones on the opposite side, I cut out the laser in a 0.8mm plaque. Then profiled the plate and pasted into place.

The wind deflector was ground and polished.

Nice watch.

zhzv5Jh.jpg

Mg2EUKf.jpg

K5advcF.jpg

ISvEBuz.jpg

lgQIo0M.jpg

0bc9Gwn.jpg

tG1Z3OI.jpg

wcf9rsK.jpg

RbdzM1P.jpg

Z8602hi.jpg

30l0c5v.jpg

jLuujMh.jpg

zcEhWo8.jpg

nEUqFYt.jpg

1uzzd2g.jpg

QhYsWt3.jpg

nbcBStt.jpg

m4P1uZy.jpg

v8nfRem.jpg

HiBYseb.jpg

iqKc2UL.jpg

• Like 32

Super job, and a great scheme-  but there is an error that could be easily repaired if you wish to:

The Horizontal Stabilisers are not correct for the First FSD F-16, 50745.  The aircraft had the original small Stabilisers (Pre- block 15) and didn't carry the rear RWR head on the base of the fin, especially in the early days when the Iranian flag was still present as a launch customer, as you have depicted. 

Small / Large Stabs

Here's a model with the correct stabs shown

50745 Model

Troffa, with a 1/48 scale 50745 on the bench! 

• Like 1

A very nice paint scheme and a very nice build.👍

@Troffa, his F-16 does have the correct small stabilizers (trailing edges are flush with the speedbrakes) but for some reason the outboard edges are slightly cut off.

9 minutes ago, PZL104 said:

A very nice paint scheme and a very nice build.👍

@Troffa, his F-16 does have the correct small stabilizers (trailing edges are flush with the speedbrakes) but for some reason the outboard edges are slightly cut off.

Yes, unfortunately this is a mistake from the manufacturer, which I have not corrected. When he was noticed, I already had everything painted and glued on the lightning rods. I decided that it will stay that way.

• Like 3

To be honest, if Troffa wouldn't have mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed this tiny error since the smaller (and IMO more elegant) chord stabilizers are much more noticable and you simply don't expect these to be cut off. ;)

FYI, the 'lightning rods' don't have anything to do with lightning. These static dischargers are fitted to avoid problems with the navigation and communication equipment. when flying through precipitation.

3 hours ago, PZL104 said:

FYI, the 'lightning rods' don't have anything to do with lightning. These static dischargers are fitted to avoid problems with the navigation and communication equipment. when flying through precipitation.

Yes, my mistake, I was suffering from electrostatic charge dissipation, not lightning rods.👍

Thanks.

Lovely build. I remember getting a poster of this in an aviation magazine at the time, and thinking it was the most beautiful jet aircraft ever. You have realy done it justice.