F-105D Thunderchief

Hi all,

This is my recently completed Trumpeter 1/72 F-105D. The camouflage scheme was painted with Vallejo's Model Air Vietnam War paints. Decals are from the kit. Weathered with a diluted Model Master umber paint wash. Final coat is Tamiya semi-gloss. 

IMG_0138

IMG_0122

IMG_0136

IMG_0217

IMG_0263

IMG_0222

IMG_0119

IMG_0293

• Like 37

16 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Its great to see another Thud on show :) :). As you'll know, I've tackled a few of those Trumper kits ;). Very nice.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I have seen both your impressive Thuds on BritModeller. I appreciate your comments. 

Mark 

• Thanks 1

Nice job mate. The aircraft is that of 1LT David Waldrop III. He scored 1 MIG-17 and another probable August 23rd 1967 and would fly 105 missions over the North, 49 over Hanoi itself. 

Cool looking Thud.  You should do the G version as well, another decent kit.  (Yes I know the rivets aren't to everyone's taste!!).

Phil

7 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Cool looking Thud.  You should do the G version as well, another decent kit.  (Yes I know the rivets aren't to everyone's taste!!).

Phil

Not sure, but I may do the G version in the future. Right now, I'm looking at completing all the century series fighters. I have the F-100, F-105 and F-106 done. Will either do the F-101 or F-102 next.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark22 said:

Will either do the F-101 or F-102 next.    

Nice :). Go Voodoo! Importantly, where is the F-104 in your list? As a Canuck surely it should be there ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice :). Go Voodoo! Importantly, where is the F-104 in your list? As a Canuck surely it should be there ;)

Martin

One day I will make a CF-104 (there's one on display in the air museum near me in Ottawa). I currently have a  HobbyBoss A-7A Corsair II on the bench, but once it's done, I think a single seat F-101 or RF-101 will be up next.