Airfix Provost T4.//Finished////////////

stevej60

Hi folk's,thought I'd slip this one in as a late entry for this GB,I've  wanted to build it since Airfix released it a couple of year's ago but the Camo scheme

in this boxing finally swayed me into picking one up.

provost

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Col. said:

Sounds like a good idea to me Steve :thumbsup:

cheer's Col should be fine with the time left for the GB,the RAF Vampire is proving very troublesome so this is a back up!

Hi folk's,good progress so far with this great little kit.The cockpit is very nicely detailed and comes up well with a paint,dry brush,kit and a few spare

decal's.

20190521_103256

Once the cockpit is fitted the rest went together in less than an hour,this would make a great kit for the Blitzbuild's here on BM.

20190521_110454

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

A good choice for the BlitzBuild indeed. You taking up the challenge Steve?

It,s certainly on the shortlist HB!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Very nice cockpit... that hull went together fast, seems like the hull parts fit like a glove...

Thank's Silenoz,everything fit's beautifully I glued the upper wing's and one piece lower wing together before fitting and it clicked into place without a hitch

not a jot of filler was needed to get to the primer stage.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,sprayed the lower surface's light aircraft gray and the masked for the upper coat of dark sea gray so far so good,I picked up the T3 boxing of this kit yesterday

didn't realise the only difference to the T4 was the canopy (which is included) and the rest is internal which doesn't affect the kit so I may get to do the box scheme of this one.

20190524_113107

20190524_113131

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Correction the two canopies are the same just open vs closed. Looks good anyway

Must be all internal then Stu as the T3 is identical to the T4 in the box.

The kit is a T. 3, and there are external differences between that and the T. 4, but they're slight enough to not bother most builders. From memory, the elevators are different, the pitot needs to be on a longer pylon and possibly something else too, can't recall what.

To make the kit itself more accurate, the engine cooling air inlet scoops need adding, and the heavy central frame line on the canopy needs removing and replacing internally.

I've got a build on here somewhere that shows my weak attempts to make it a bit more betterer, if you care to look for it. However unless you're an airyplane nerd, the Airfix representation suffices nicely straight OOTB.

Looking good Steve! I enjoyed my build and I have a couple more put away for whenever I get to them.

30 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Looking good Steve! I enjoyed my build and I have a couple more put away for whenever I get to them.

Thank's for the info Rob,I might be brave and build it as the red/White T3 as per the box when I finally get round to building it.

Morning folk's,after the Blitzbuild distraction it's back to normal today,last night I got a gloss coat on and a good few decal's this morning.

20190528_110824

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I’ve never really considered the Provost but it is growing on me. Plus everyone who builds the kit seems to love it.

Yours is looking good in the camouflage.

Regards,

Adrian

Thank's Adrian do yourself a favour and get one,it really is a little cracker,great fit and some of Airfix's best decal's yet I'm just starting another.

• Like 2

Morning folk's turned my attention to the underside's with the decal's added and the undercart fitting started,just a wash then matt coat to do before the

Canopy painting.

20190529_103636

• Like 6

Well done Mr Steve! That looks rather spiffing. Great to see another completed entry into the Gallery, and a JP to boot- they do look very purposeful in camo, don't they?

It's a great little kit, almost Lego-like in the way it fits. I really must get going on the ones that I have in the stash.

1 hour ago, Rob G said:

Well done Mr Steve! That looks rather spiffing. Great to see another completed entry into the Gallery, and a JP to boot- they do look very purposeful in camo, don't they?

It's a great little kit, almost Lego-like in the way it fits. I really must get going on the ones that I have in the stash.

Many thank's Rob,got to be one of Airfix's best to date already on with the Box to schemed version now!