DH 114 Heron 'Channel Airways'

Hi, Neil. did you ever come to a decision about producing and selling sets of your Heron parts to those of us who salivated over your beautiful model?

In any case, I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Hi, Neil. did you ever come to a decision about producing and selling sets of your Heron parts to those of us who salivated over your beautiful model?

Not had the opportunity to do anything about it unfortunately, have been seriously sidelined with other things (non model related) that have given me very little spare time to do much else, mores the pity!

The Heron model itself is still not finished either, which has been a touch annoying, I really REALLY wanted it finished by now, to be honest. The remainder of the subtle weathering still needs completing, and then final assembly of the props, undercarriage, exhausts etc etc to finish everything off. However, now that we have enforced spare time as it were, I am very hopeful that I will manage to complete the Heron at last, in the very, very near future, and get it finished  …….. :yahoo:

Stay safe, everyone!

B)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's great news to hear Neil. Thanks go to Space Ranger for asking the question that I suspect we all wanted to ask! Yes, keep safe everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, Neil said:

The Heron model itself is still not finished either, which has been a touch annoying, I really REALLY wanted it finished by now, to be honest. The remainder of the subtle weathering still needs completing, and then final assembly of the props, undercarriage, exhausts etc etc to finish everything off. However, now that we have enforced spare time as it were, I am very hopeful that I will manage to complete the Heron at last, in the very, very near future, and get it finished  …….. 

Wonders will never cease, now finishing off the weathering, and adding the exhausts, props, wheels etc. AT LAST!  :yahoo:

B)

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

We want pictures!

that 707 was a thing of beauty so can’t wait to see the updates on the Heron :)

It's now 99% finished, just a few very minor little things to finish off, I will have to call it a day for the moment and sort those out some other time. I was intending to build a set of access steps for the entry door, but they will have to be made another time etc.  I will take some all round view pics either later today or tomorrow, and put them in the Ready For Inspection forum, so all the finished pics will be in one place. 

For the moment here is a generic overall view, until I sort out more pics for the Ready For Inspection category.

It has taken a while, but really did enjoy this build!  :) 

49764856346_04222444d7_c.jpg

B)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3