Tristar Flakpanzer 38t

Hi All,

Here is the Tristar (now hobby Boss) Flakpanzer 38(t). This is a pretty challenging kit with a full interior, engine and gearbox none of which can be really seen when completed unless you have all the hatches open which spoils the lines somewhat. The 20mm cannon is very intricate and I would challenge anyone to get it 100% right first time round although  most people could make a better job of the PE spent shell cage than I've done.

Kit tracks are supposed to be workable but just kept snapping so I relented and bought Friuls.

Almost all of these were lost in Normandy and made it clear to the Germans that one 20mm cannon was not up to the job of taking down Jabos.

Usual C&C welcomed

Thanks

David

IMG_0505

IMG_0496 IMG_0519 IMG_0517 IMG_0509

• Like 21

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one......love the whole look......weathering is great.....I like the shell catching mesh, I know that isn't easy to fold up....having tried on a Dragon 20mm.....

I have this by Dragon. Just deciding on the PE set's that go with it......maybe next year I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Redcoat

Thanks for you comments - I've read the Dragon kit is a bit easier to go together but maybe not just as detailed in some areas. If I was to do it again I would close up the side panels to make it look a bit meaner I think. would be interested to see how the Dragon kit turns out.

cheers

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...