1/72 - EADS/CASA C.295M by Answer Plastic Kits - box art+3D renders - release in May 2024 ?

Homebee

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Anything known about the current status of this project?

In the last post on Facebook they wrote that W-3 Sokol and CASA C-295 in 1/72 are still in a design phase. Now they deal with much simplier TS-8 Bies in 1/72 and new versions of W-3 Sokol in 1/48. Overall, they had done only little over the past year. Some already thought that nothing would come of their planned projects. Let's hope they will somehow overcome this crisis, after all it is one of the largest paper model kits companies in the world.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Answerkits/posts/1088544401629563

All right, Biesy is behind the belt, but they are not the only ones who live. For now, we're just signaling so that we don't let it go. On the contrary. We are working in full swing

Casa C2 95. More details coming soon. Let me just say it's going to happen, and probably this year. Scale so far only 1/72 because it's a big project

And it's not the end of the novelties anyway...

182816157-1088543308296339-1436806354016

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - EADS/CASA C.295M by Answer Plastic Kits - box art+3D renders - and CN-235?

I'm looking forward to this and the CN.235 whenever they get produced. The Irish Air Corps has tow CN.295's due for delivery next year to replace two CN.235 which have very high hours on the airframes.

Joe

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Uncle Dick said:

No ramp open option or interior cargo area

The fuselage halves appear to have a step where the rear edge of the ramp should sit, suggesting the ramp isn't integral with them; The rectangular piece on the sprue with the horizontal stabilisers looks about the right size and shape for the ramp outer surface (given the rounded corners). The short rectangular piece on the tail fin sprue could be the ramp inner surface, and the long rectangular piece could be the floor of the cargo area.

Not sure what Answer will give inside fuselage, and given the potential cost, I'm not sure I want much, but the sprues look like the ramp isn't tooled to have closed as the only option.

Jonathan.

• 1 year later...

From the comments: https://www.facebook.com/Answerkits/posts/pfbid0LL3n9CBTgQFZtu21XXAwLeyMZmaRw1PW96XPzsjBZkusgFEH6d8mv8NxhkrkZ3e1l

Very sparse information appeared in two comments:

• CASA is at the stage of making the moulds (there are 12 of them, so it must take time).
  • This year

The way I understand it is this: the 12 moulds will take a few months to prepare, as will the corrections, adjustments and so on. I don't want to say that "release this year" is an optimistic statement, but I don't think the kit will go on sale before the autumn. Looking at it realistically I suppose it could even be the Christmas period.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wait: CASA is machining the molds for Answer Models?

I strongly doubt it.  If you allow for them not writing in their first language, it comes out as "The CASA [ie our kit of the C-295] is at the stage of having its moulds made".  But still, good news, if they can bring it in cheaper than the resin and vacform alternatives out there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pigsty said:

"The CASA [ie our kit of the C-295] is at the stage of having its moulds made".

That's a correct take on translating this part.