Zvezda Elefant "To zimmerit, or not to zimmerit, that is the question"

Hubba

A couple of quick photos, this is where I am at the moment. There probably wont be much progress this week as it's a 5 night-shift week and the D-Day GB starts soon so what little time I have will be fairly intensive but I do enjoy having a model or two at the build stage while I'm painting another and swap between them

A bit of light shading

20190602-225151.jpg

The base coat

20190602-232447.jpg

So cammo next and then on to the weathering

Cheers, Andy

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy but progressing slightly

Tried replicating the cammo shown on the Zvezda illustration sheet provided, not entirely convinced by it (looks like Mr Blobby to me) so need to give it some thought, strip and start again or modify what I have. I suppose I should try modifying it first

20190606-192707.jpg

• Like 4

Amazing shading mate - I just wish I had the skill / patience / time - to attempt this kind of presentation...

LOVING IT - NICE WORK 

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right, I tried a bit of dot-to-dot painting and I think it's an improvement. Probably stick with this and get on with the weathering

I'll take another look at it tomorrow and see if I still like it. On the plus side, it seems to bring out the zimmerit more

20190616-215737.jpg

20190616-215748.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Hubba. I reckon your camo looks great. I quite liked the first version but I think the one in the last phot above does look better. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy,

First off, brilliant modulation and base coat, and a completely acceptable attempt at the 'Mr Blobby' camo. I think that would have looked fantastic after filters/washes and weathering, but I understand how you might have been unsure about it. I've bailed out of disc camo scheme because I feared the colours were far too garish.

I also like your 'join the dots' camo and I'm sure that will turn out fantastic as well. I will say that the ratio of dunkelgelb is a bit higher on the Elefant's LHS in the photo above and a bit more green or brown will balance it with the RHS. Of course, I'm being pernickety -possibly  a bit of a Dumbo.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 16:52, Badder said:

I will say that the ratio of dunkelgelb is a bit higher on the Elefant's LHS in the photo above and a bit more green or brown will balance it with the RHS. Of course, I'm being pernickety -possibly  a bit of a Dumbo.

Rearguards,

Badder

Not at all , I quite agree, though I can't see both sides at the same time so I'm OK with it

• Like 1

I haven't been slacking, just not uploaded progress due to , well, stuff happening recently

Anyway, here is where I am at the moment

A light fading of buff Tamiya and decals added

20190620-013134.jpg

20190626-003801.jpg

Details painted, pin wash and a bit of weathering with oil paints, followed by a couple of coats of Dullcote

20190701-224838.jpg

So, further weathering, mainly pigments and I should be done

Cheers, Andy

• Like 7