ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

Here is my recce-Foxbat.

spacer.png

I started the build before Revell and ICM released the corrected nose, so I had to fix it on my own. The rest is OOB except for seatbelts and some extra details in the wheel wells and in the cockpit. I also corrected the angle of the main landing gears a little.

spacer.png

The first time i tried Mr. Paint colours. (Maybe I could have started with something smaller...). Great to work with, except for the horrible smell! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really enjoyed the build, this is a great kit of an iconic aircraft, one of my all-time favourite subjects!

spacer.png

Thanks for watching!

• Like 37

Lovely stuff.

(I bought one of these from H's with the price slashed. Let me guess, the one with the wrong nose?

Is there a replacement nose available?)

👍👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ham Hands said:

Lovely stuff.

(I bought one of these from H's with the price slashed. Let me guess, the one with the wrong nose?

Is there a replacement nose available?)

👍👍

Cold War Studio do one.

But it is not wrong per se, just an early version not suitable for some late markings....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

Cold War Studio do one.

But it is not wrong per se, just an early version not suitable for some late markings....

Oh great. Thanks!

👍👍👍

On 17/05/2019 at 17:56, exdraken said:

great result!

good work on the nosebulge!

what exactly did you do to the landing gear angle?

:thumbsup:

Thanks! They are a bit too upright, the plane looks like it is standing in its toes. So i just bent them a little to get a more correct angle. I read this in Airfix Model World, where our friend General Melchett did a great build of this subject. So I trusted him and just compared to the pictures of the landing gears after his modifications. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/05/2019 at 23:44, exdraken said:

Cold War Studio do one.

In fact, it is a bit wrong. The nosebulge did not exist on early types, so that is correct. But ICM:s nose lacks the "hump": See Cold War Studio resin nose (left) compared to ICM:s original offering below. But this was pretty easy to fix, I just put a piece of sprue at the right place to bend the nose to the correct shape.

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bjorn said:

In fact, it is a bit wrong. The nosebulge did not exist on early types, so that is correct. But ICM:s nose lacks the "hump": See Cold War Studio resin nose (left) compared to ICM:s original offering below. But this was pretty easy to fix, I just put a piece of sprue at the right place to bend the nose to the correct shape.

spacer.png

You are of course right in the hump... nur I do not think that was corrected in later boxings either...

I did somthing similar in my "Egyptian" RB....

• Like 1