1/48 Eduard Focke-Wulf 190 A-8/R2

I finished this a couple months back but didn't really have the chance to post it. This is their Profipack boxing from 2007, painted with a combination of Tamiya and Gunze acrylics in the colors of Karl Spenst's Fw 190 of 8.JG300.

A lot of reviews of this kit talk about it being difficult to fit together and unforgiving to construction mistakes, and it certainly shows - This build took me around 4 months to complete, most of it being construction with me nearly abandoning it. It's not impossible, though, and the end result is rewarding with lots of attention to detail. The Profipack boxing also comes with a masking set and photoetch, all in all which make the build a completely different animal from your usual Tamiya 1/48 kit. It's certainly doable and a good contender for a detailed Fw 190, although I heard Eduard's doing a new-tool version that might be better.

Anyways, here are the photos:

jiYkCe8.jpg

tyZ7rfS.jpg

M4BSlHq.jpg

fMHBC1N.jpg

MvHziPu.jpg?1

YR4oeuL.jpg

wnrC0mu.jpg

q4hqY30.jpg

JmABz4z.jpg

DXTrk8S.jpg

8rjsudn.jpg

Feedback and criticism is appreciated, thanks for looking!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

What a stunning looking 190 👍

There's lots of models around lately that have heavy weathering and are over shaded and over highlighted and while they can look nice, they don't look realistic, where as here you managed to get just the right look, beautiful 😍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...