P-51 B Mustang

zegeye

This is my entry. I thought about Burma Banshee P40 but decided to safe it for a P-40 STGB. So it will be stang. ~Hope it could be as good as Warhawk 8-)

wWPGXH16_o.jpg

And some work I've done yesterday evening....

XX3ozofl_o.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

This should be good, shame nobody does a decent one in 1/48.

John

What about the Tamiya ones or the OOP Accurate Miniatures kits? I thought they were pretty good. Or the cheap ICM one that has looks of  the first one mentioned here.

Re the build zegeye; agree its going to look good with all that brass. Are you going to replace the canopy?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:21 PM, Paul J said:

Are you going to replace the canopy?

With a pleasure, but how?  Don't think there is some replacement...  Only I know is a Squadron for Hasegawa. But I don't think it will suite here without more surgery. Don't want this because I'm afraid that I will stuck with this for longer time. And I have a lot of projects that are stucked 8-(

And for the model. Some small work with the seat.

t6GhHXqD_o.jpg

• Like 6

Although my skills aren't at the top level, I try to do my best, and always learn something new. This is what I've done with black basing methode.

nCJCQd3U_o.jpg

jVuwvJVp_o.jpg

I know, it is not perfect.... but I'm learning. 8-) Than I put the main colors on it.

Ky5MSqLf_o.jpg

4nNyOqp8_o.jpg

As you can see on the far end of the right wing there was an paint blob....  So I have to repaint this panel....

TF8FBMEh_o.jpg

And the final look is here.... I added some different shade of olive drab on the panel lines

KZqVXZ1W_o.jpg

Now the small parts and the decals....

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Rising temperatures stoppped a little my workprogress....  you can see here a reworking process of Tamiya bazookas... they are better than Revell ones, but have wrong mounting brackets for a Mustang. (they are comming from Tamiya Thunderbolt). In the middle are Revell bazookas. At the top are Tamiyas reworked and ready for my different Mustang. And at the bottom are this for the actual B version of Mustang in progress....

1OjMaZSK_o.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

After an  unplanned brake.... I' m continuing my work on the Mustang. The bazooka tubes are ready, decals are on, bombs are done to.... so I think it is close to finish.

JoGPbxJM_o.jpg

5ahEormg_o.jpg

1vfDvPrw_o.jpg

lpdh0wvo_o.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...