Martlets a'plenty!

72modeler

I found these while trolling the 'net for reference photos on the Allied and Axis Paintworks website. A very nice collection of factory and service photos of Martlets/Wildcats, including Eric "Winkle"  Brown in front of one of his favorite fighters. I hope you enjoy them; some of them have been posted before, methinks, but many are new- at least to me...probably old hat to @tonyot !

Mike

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?14422

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I found these while trolling the 'net for reference photos on the Allied and Axis Paintworks website. A very nice collection of factory and service photos of Martlets/Wildcats, including Eric "Winkle"  Brown in front of one of his favorite fighters. I hope you enjoy them; some of them have been posted before, methinks, but many are new- at least to me...probably old hat to @tonyot !

Mike

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?14422

Great pics there Mike,..... I have seen a great many of them before but there were some that I had never seen before,.... that colour photo was new to me,.....what a beauty eh!!

Oh,... and never say `hat' to a British paratrooper,....... it is the ultimate insult,..... just to let you know. A bit like saying `leg' to a US paratrooper!!  😉😙😀

Cheers

Tony

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

I have seen a great many of them before but there were some that I had never seen before,.... that colour photo was new to me,.....what a beauty eh!!

:wicked::wicked::wicked: ...and that proves beyond any reasonable shade of doubt that Fleet Air Arm Wildcat Mk.Vs in the EIF had their undersurfaces painted yellow. :evil_laugh::fool:

• Haha 2

Some great photos.  Very inspirational, especially the colour one and the one of the East Indies Fleet aircraft.  Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the link. 

Edited by Meatbox8
  • Like 1