Camo repaint

Now, this project is just repainting. However, there will be skills practised on it that will be useful in other, more complicated builds (masking on curved/ sloped surfaces, mostly! :P). So, what is it? Well, I recently bought a 5” tall, toy dalek. It is one of the ‘Paradigm’ variety, which many have criticised for their odd shape and bright colours. However, I have long thought that, given a nice diorama base and a different paint scheme, they could have looked quite threatening. So, I am going to paint it in a winter camo scheme, similar to what was used on Tiger tanks in WWII and give it a small, snowy, base. The dalek was partially destroyed when I bought it (the gun arm missing and the dome only held on with a wire), therefore I will add an LED or two and some cotton wool to simulate it’s head being blown off. Hopefully it’ll go well and I haven’t bored anyone to death with post ;).

TL:DR... DALEK CUSTOM

Edited by DalekCheese
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I quite agree. Sorry about the delay- still working out the best ways to get a nice finish on the pre-painted plastic- previous customs I’ve done have had to be repainted as ‘exploded’ due to the horrible surface texture after painting. 

Well, in two days (all being well) I should be in possession of a Sevans 1’ dalek kit. It is on evilBay, however, so things could go belly-up at any minute. If I do get it, it will probably be dark grey with black highlights. However, I shall make the ‘spare’ dome (there are 2 included in the kit) swappable and red, so that it can represent 2 ranks without having to shell out for another kit.

Edited by DalekCheese
  • Like 3

I shall make the ‘spare’ dome (there are 2 included in the kit) swappable and red, so that it can represent 2 ranks without having to shell out for another kit.

That's a good idea, almost wish I'd thought of that. Interesting how much the Sevans kits are these days. :dalek1:

• Like 1