What is wrong with this picture

hsr

from Wikipedia:

Electra 10-A

Powered by two Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior SB, 450 hp (336 kW) each; 101 produced.

One built as Y1C-37 for the Chief of the National Guard Bureau, redesignated as C-37 in 1938 and as UC-37 in 1943.

That settles it:

1) the D-Day invasion was led by the Chief of the US National Guard in a single airplane

2) the Electra was built by Douglas, not by Lockheed

...and these use to be called "alternative facts".

Edited by ClaudioN

On the inside of the envelope they do refer to it as a C-47, but someone needs to write "I will proof read the envelope" 100 times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaudioN said:

the D-Day invasion was led by the Chief of the US National Guard in a single airplane

The man among men.

@hsr can you show us the diecast?

Edited by Sturmovik

Yep that's it. I already threw out the flier with the recycling. Seems a bit high to me and I am not sure what the purpose of the Certificate of Authenticity is, And yes the OD/NG don't look right to me.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ClaudioN said:

from Wikipedia:

Electra 10-A