Jet 2 holidays 737

sorry guys if this has already been asked but what’s the best  option as far as kits go for building a jet2 holidays 737  with the blue tail straight out of the box  or what modifications / aftermarket bits are needed? Same question regarding the 757-200 also.

Hi,

The Revell and Zvezda both do a 737-800 and I would recommend the Zvezda kit as it is very accurate straight out of the box. Both available on ebay.

For a 737-300 I would recommend the Daco kit. Minicraft have produced one but it is nowhere near as nice as the Daco kit.

http://www.dacoproducts.com

Regarding the 757 the Minicraft kit is the only injection moulded one available but it has many shape and accuracy issues. Welsh Models do a vacform kit which is better but for the most accurate model you will have to use either the Pas kit

http://pas-decals.com/index.php/product/view/4/917

or my recommendation would be the Authentic Airliners kit

https://www.authentic-airliners.de/epages/64205758.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64205758/Products/K144-12RR

Decalwise, these have been available on eBay but I cannot comment on their accuracy or quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet2-Holidays-Boeing-737-800-Airliner-Decal-1-144-scale-for-Revell-Zvezda-kit/323760560760?hash=item4b61a21a78:g:WbEAAOSwGLZcoOR-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jet2-Holidays-Boeing-757-200-Airliner-Decal-1-144-scale-for-Minicraft-kit/323760553937?hash=item4b61a1ffd1:g:NEcAAOSwWk5coOKias

Hope this helps, good luck with your project make sure you post the finished models on RFI!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Yes the Zvezda 737-800 can be built straight out of the box and it has correct winglets. The Revell kit has a few accuracy issues and requires after market engines and winglets to be truly accurate.

Welsh did do a Rolls Royce powered 757-200 but I can only see the P&W powered one on their website now, Jet2 757s have RR engines. Don't be tempted by the Eastern Express 757-200 as it is just a rehash of the Minicraft kit as far as I can make out.

So to summarise I'd recommend Zvezda for your 737-800, Daco for a -300 and Authentic Airliners for the 757-200.

Cheers,

Ian

Just a couple of points to add to what Ian has said.

The PAS Boeing 757 is generally OK but unfortunately their Rolls Royce engines are very inaccurate. You could get round that by fitting a pair of BraZ replacements but that adds significantly to the cost.  For a Rolls Royce engined 757 Authentic Airliners is by far the best route.

The eBay decals are produced by a guy called Richard Warcup. He is trustworthy and offers a good range of decals. Apart from eBay he also sells directly. As far as I know he doesn't have a website but he's on Facebook under the name RichWs Model Airliner Decals. I have no connection with him except as a customer.

Dave G

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help guys,I know where I’m going now... sort of lol... I’m not sure what model of 737 I flew to Cyprus on a couple of years ago with jet2 holidays so I have no idea which kit to get now..as for the 757 I think it has to be the authentic airliners model

21 hours ago, Plastic_parts said:

I’m not sure what model of 737 I flew to Cyprus on a couple of years ago with jet2 holidays so I have no idea which kit to get now..

Cyprus (Larnaca or Paphos) Is usually on a 737-800. The -300s occasionally operate as far as Dalaman in Turkey but that’s usually “out of season” when the loads are lower.

Richard

• 5 months later...

I've got to agree with the comments above , as I am on the same mission with Jet2 A/C we have flown on.

Having followed advice on here I sought out Authentic Airlines at Telford, having very recently had some of their window decals, can I just say how glad I am that I did.

The two brothers have got to be some of the nicest guys I have met for many years within this industry and the 752 is just amazing. Given that it contains two sets of RB211 engines a one piece fuselage and beautiful engraved detail all it really needs is some white metal U/C legs.

At £50 some may say its not cheap but I have built both Minicraft and Welsh kits and the minicraft took so much work to get it near to looking like a 757 there was little of the kit left.

Talking to Kurt over the weekend was very entertaining and he had built three comets in 19 hrs as we both agreed the 'fun' part of airliner modelling is the colour scheme.

Oh and thanks to various inputs from on here I also left with Both Zeveda 738 and A321 the latter to do in TC colours but might wait to see if Jet2 end up operating some of them ?? 

19 hours ago, Paulaero said:

Oh and thanks to various inputs from on here I also left with Both Zeveda 738 and A321 the latter to do in TC colours but might wait to see if Jet2 end up operating some of them ?? 

Jet2 have obtained  7 ex TC A321s. No details yet on which ones, but they’ll be operating from MAN (4) and BHX (3) for 2020.

Richard

Ah such a reminder.

2003-2004, we had a neighbour, who was a pilot training for Boeing 737-300s.

Talking to him I mentioned that I'd acquired the Minicraft Boeing 737-400 kit at Avon model show tombola.

I agreed to make it for him, then put marking on when he gets a First-Officer post.  All airliners are white - right?

A few months later, the plain built model is just about ready - he gets his post with Jet2.

I'd never heard of them, but looking on Internet was quite surprised to see that Jet2 are silver, and named for destinations.

Totally hand painted and masked, this one is Paris - he was ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!

Minicraft737-Jet2.jpg

Shortly thereafter relocated to Yorkshire.

His wife did call on us, with some stuff for their old house.

Said that he was loving being an airline pilot, and that this model was the ONLY thing he had unpacked for their new house.

6 hours ago, slufdriver said:

Jet2 have obtained  7 ex TC A321s. No details yet on which ones, but they’ll be operating from MAN (4) and BHX (3) for 2020.

Richard

No surprise, I thought that if they want to expand into the gap TC left they would have to look towards a mixed fleet, perhaps some bases just being A321 with Crew and techs already trained an knowing the A/C it makes sense.

I Know there is more to it than a respray and change of uniform but I guess there aren't any 738's available anywhere due to the MAX issues. 

Just wonder if the hybrid Monarch/TC jet gets Jet2 markings as well ….

Edited by Paulaero
Spelling

17 hours ago, Paulaero said:

... but I guess there aren't any 738's available anywhere due to the MAX issues. 

Just wonder if the hybrid Monarch/TC jet gets Jet2 markings as well ….

That’s right, airlines that are waiting for deliveries of 737MAX aircraft are hanging on to most of the -800s that would have been available. Jet2 have only been able to source 2 (G-DRTM and G-DRTR) so the move to obtain A321s was a logical step, with type-rated crews and trainers also being recruited from the exTC pool.

As to which aircraft have been obtained, Jethro’s has G-TCVC and G-TCVD (ex MON) as the first two but there has been no confirmation yet from Leeds.

Richard