403 Forbidden error

Hmm. There are two posts just below this one. One from @Bullbasketand an earlier one from @stevej60

Trying to access either post I get taken to a 403 page:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Does @Mike know about this?

Brian

Hi Brian,just mailed john as I couldn,t see his post for the same message,the Flickr issue is resolved now however when I hit the submit button

last night the error message appeared and I was logged off BM automatically and couldn't access BM even on my phone until I switched the router

off for an hour this morning now as you can see all's well,very strange!

Edited by stevej60

I thought my thread would bring up the same error but if you've accessed it then it seems not.

To be honest, I'm amazed that the internet works at all when you think about what's going on behind the scenes...

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Brian,just mailed john as I couldn,t see his post for the same message,the Flickr issue is resolved now however when I hit the submit button

last night the error message appeared and I was logged off BM automatically and couldn't access BM even on my phone until I switched the router

off for an hour this morning now as you can see all's well,very strange!

1 hour ago, bhouse said:

I thought my thread would bring up the same error but if you've accessed it then it seems not.

To be honest, I'm amazed that the internet works at all when you think about what's going on behind the scenes...

'Afternoon to you both. I tried yours Steve, and mine again just now with the same results, but yours Brian works OK. I PM'd Mike a couple of hours ago to let him know about it. Not having this problem on any other forum, just Help and Support. Weird!!

John.

• Like 1

I've tried accessing via my home WiFi, public WiFi and 4g and get the same results every time. It's not something I've seen before. I've got a non-uk IP if that's relevant?

Me too, all I get is what is copied and pasted below

Ian

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hi Brian et al,

I've just PMd Bullbasket about this, and explained I'm a bit hard of thinking today as I'm somewhat exhausted :tired:

This is what I asked him:

1. Link to the thread (I think this is the thread, but I don't trust my brain today).
  2. Have you viewed the thread before, did it go ok?
  3. When you get the 403, does it also lock you out of the site?  Is there a Britmodeller header, or just the error message?
  4. How long before you can get back in?
  5. Did you reboot your router?  If that cured it - do you know whether you got a different IP as a result?
  6. I'm wondering if it's the Firewall that's cutting you off.  There's a level that blocks an IP for an hour - that may have been the real reason you got back in after an hour
  7. What's your IP?  If you're not sure, go into Google and type "what's my IP address", which should return an IP for you.  If you get 192.168.x.x it's your internal IP that's assigned to your PC by your router.  That's not the one I need.

Hopefully my brain might wake up a bit later on today, so any additional info you can get would be appreciated.  If you'd rather keep your IP secret, just PM me that bit :)

• Like 1

I've had my lunch and got Julien to translate English into whatever gibberish my brain is talking today, and I think I understand now.  I think the thread is broked, as it happens to me too.  I'll have a word with Support and see whether it's something we can fix, but I'm erring on the side of "let's delete the thread and pretend it never happened", especially as it now seems to have been resolved.  Meantime, just don't click on it ;)

• Like 1