This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Brad

So I tried to make a cherry-chocolate cake....

...all was well until I turned up the tin and er, yeh, well, can I offer anyone a chunk of cake? I figured what the hell, threw the icing and cherries over it. Looks bad, tastes good.

Well you wont see me on master chef anytime soon....

vaLYuF8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

:eat:.....I can do steak/chips shepards pie etc no problem at all but put a cake recipe in front of me and it turns into a disaster.....

Despite doing 99% of the cooking including quite a lot of chefy stuff to the dismay of my kids. I avoid baking. Your disaster confirms the wisdom of that decision. 

Besides my wife is quite good and a generous sister in law always supplies lots of goodies. 

On 16/05/2019 at 21:09, Brad said:

...all was well until I turned up the tin and er, yeh, well, can I offer anyone a chunk of cake? I figured what the hell, threw the icing and cherries over it. Looks bad, tastes good.

Well you wont see me on master chef anytime soon....

I think your decision to use a A Model recipe may have been the problem here. I can see evidence of their usual fit as well their  finishing instructions a plenty. Personally I would have gone with a lighter brown for the chocolate areas.

Serve it with kirsch and whipped double cream and call it a deconstructed black deforestation gateaux - it isn’t a mistake it is is cutting edge cuisine with a retro kitsch twist 

I am curious to know what went wrong with the cake. I do most of the cooking in the house, although my daughter is brilliant with cakes and I wonder if the  cherries were drained enough when you added them. Still if it tastes OK, the I reckon it's a win.