Huey Argentinian, British captured Falklands 1/48 Kitty Hawk

56 minutes ago, jet-mech said:

This airframe is on display at Middle Wallop museum. 

Lovely model. Really nice detail

56 minutes ago, jet-mech said:

42 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

That's very sharp!  Well done sir! 👏

Thanks friends for your comments much appreciated.

Laurie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jet-mech said:

Thanks, I’d really like to see it one day. And I was watching James Bond Living Daylights yesterday and wonder if that Huey was this one?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lomcevak said:

Beautiful build. Didn’t know about this story. 

Thanks Lomcevak very nice of you to say so.

I only uncovered the story when I decided to build a diorama of the Falklands.

Delved into as many models as possible on both sides of the conflict. This came

in the middle but though it would make a better impact as a captured item

Laurie

41 minutes ago, F-32 said:

Classic build, that's awesome

Thanks F32 very kind of you to say so.

Incredible as when I got to & started the weathering I thought this is not going to be very good.

Problem is you get to close to your work.

Thanks again appreciated.

Laurie

Let me start by saying you've done a nice job on a really interesting subject.  I am working on the same aircraft but in 1/72.  I haven't figured out how I am going to do the registration yet.  I'm not at all sure the final product will be Britmodeller-worthy.  Since I have been doing some research on this particular subject, I hope I may be permitted to respectfully observe a couple of small inaccuracies.  You appear to have placed the aircraft in the Falklands, where indeed it was captured.  However, it did not receive the registration "G-HUEY" until after it arrived in Britain.  In the Falklands it bore the hand painted registration "AE 413".  The white "UK" on the green band was also hand painted in the Falklands, and only tidied up in Britain.  G-Huey has small Argentinian flags on the vertical tail. Lastly, G-HUEY is a  variant that does not have the narrow window in the hinged door forward of the sliding side doors.  Still, I think it's a great subject, and a nice depiction.

http://

3 hours ago, Bigglesworth said:

Let me start by saying you've done a nice job on a really interesting subject.  I am working on the same aircraft but in 1/72.  I haven't figured out how I am going to do the registration yet.  I'm not at all sure the final product will be Britmodeller-worthy.  Since I have been doing some research on this particular subject, I hope I may be permitted to respectfully observe a couple of small inaccuracies.  You appear to have placed the aircraft in the Falklands, where indeed it was captured.  However, it did not receive the registration "G-HUEY" until after it arrived in Britain.  In the Falklands it bore the hand painted registration "AE 413".  The white "UK" on the green band was also hand painted in the Falklands, and only tidied up in Britain.  G-Huey has small Argentinian flags on the vertical tail. Lastly, G-HUEY is a  variant that does not have the narrow window in the hinged door forward of the sliding side doors.  Still, I think it's a great subject, and a nice depiction.

Hi Biggles how is Algy & Ginger ?

Yes yes. Huey became Huey in England, lettering all hand written, small door no glass just

one panel, redcross on roof missing, red crosson underside missing, antennae above cabin

probably incorrect for an ambulance. Plus a host of other small things.

Just I wanted an easy ride after a dual Landrover series 2 & 3 conversion from a military

Defender. Pictures below.

Huey was also in the Falklands a hell of a lot worse condition than my offering.

But thanks for your slightly milk warm appreciation. Very nice of you.

Actually I am overwhelmed as I have now had 67 members who have given an accolade .

Biggles as it is crit time. It would be much easier if you had some paragraphs. It is a fact that

readers drift over long splurges of writing but take in the same facts written in short paragraphs.

As an example good instruction books break down the parts into small section. Read one take in

got to the next.

Best of luck with yours look forward to viewing it. Be sure I will not criticise it

Laurie sorry in a mood.

http://waXb7F.jpg HWicVq.jpg KiGVxT.jpg

http://KldBKW.jpg

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 2

On 23/05/2019 at 03:54, LaurieS said:

Thanks Lomcevak very nice of you to say so.

I only uncovered the story when I decided to build a diorama of the Falklands.

Delved into as many models as possible on both sides of the conflict. This came

in the middle but though it would make a better impact as a captured item

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I’ll try to find your other builds. This one certainly caught my eyes. As an Argentinian myself that was five years old at the time of the conflict this is a bit sensitive topic for me as I know it is for many other members of this community but it always amazes me the level of respect shown on every post related to it, and yours is no exception.

Falklands...…..12 months of my life lost in that place, shame you can't model the wind, more wind, and constant wind......

Nice Model.  The Huey is just one of those iconic cabs and you have made a nice model.

Sometimes I feel I should get out of just modelling RAF aircraft !!!

Good work on the Landrovers by the way.

2 hours ago, Lomcevak said:

Hi Laurie,

I’ll try to find your other builds. This one certainly caught my eyes. As an Argentinian myself that was five years old at the time of the conflict this is a bit sensitive topic for me as I know it is for many other members of this community but it always amazes me the level of respect shown on every post related to it, and yours is no exception.

Hi Lomcevak

Yes I always felt sorry that the whole thing took place.

I was 40 years old & it tore me apart to listen to the news.

I am on a mission to build a diorama with probably 20 pieces.

Aircraft & vehicles with a farms barn,

The diorama will include both British & Argentinian assets.

Long way to go. This is the second Argentinian aircraft the Huey

& also finished an Entendard.

Very nice of you to come & have a look at my work. More to

come include a lot of Argentina.

Laurie

• Like 1

On 25/05/2019 at 02:28, LaurieS said:

http://

Hi Biggles how is Algy & Ginger ?

Yes yes. Huey became Huey in England, lettering all hand written, small door no glass just

one panel, redcross on roof missing, red crosson underside missing, antennae above cabin

probably incorrect for an ambulance. Plus a host of other small things.

Just I wanted an easy ride after a dual Landrover series 2 & 3 conversion from a military

Defender. Pictures below.

Huey was also in the Falklands a hell of a lot worse condition than my offering.

But thanks for your slightly milk warm appreciation. Very nice of you.

Actually I am overwhelmed as I have now had 67 members who have given an accolade .

Biggles as it is crit time. It would be much easier if you had some paragraphs. It is a fact that

readers drift over long splurges of writing but take in the same facts written in short paragraphs.

As an example good instruction books break down the parts into small section. Read one take in

got to the next.

Best of luck with yours look forward to viewing it. Be sure I will not criticise it

Laurie sorry in a mood.

http://waXb7F.jpg HWicVq.jpg KiGVxT.jpg

http://KldBKW.jpg

Sorry if my appreciation came off as lukewarm.  I wasn't intending to be mean-spirited at all.  I think you did a smashing job on the build (better than what I could do).

Perhaps I can make amends by starting a new paragraph to unreservedly compliment your Land Rover conversions.  You have struck a chord there, as I like nothing better than a Series I or II, and those are bang on!  The colours are perfect, and the conversion is remarkable, especially to the Series I. 

Those must have been a lot of work, and I can see why you were looking for something a little less daunting.

When I am done my G-HUEY, I will post so you can tell me where I fouled up.

Cheers, Biggles

BTW, Algy and Ginger are fine!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigglesworth said:

Sorry if my appreciation came off as lukewarm.  I wasn't intending to be mean-spirited at all.  I think you did a smashing job on the build (better than what I could do).

Perhaps I can make amends by starting a new paragraph to unreservedly compliment your Land Rover conversions.  You have struck a chord there, as I like nothing better than a Series I or II, and those are bang on!  The colours are perfect, and the conversion is remarkable, especially to the Series I. 

Those must have been a lot of work, and I can see why you were looking for something a little less daunting.

When I am done my G-HUEY, I will post so you can tell me where I fouled up.

Cheers, Biggles

BTW, Algy and Ginger are fine!

Hi Biggles. My sincere apologies I was rude & I should not have been.

Thanks very much for your reply which is very nice considering my rude reply.

Very considerate of you & much appreciated.

Now 80 & I read, as a youngster, every Biggles book how many times I do not

know. But every time as a youngster I enjoyed. I read most with in a day. Then

back to the library for the next.

Again thanks for your reply.

Kind regards Laurie

PS will look out for your Huey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Excellent work on the Huey, Laurie! The painting looks magnificent. Same with your Land Rovers - what a great small cars! :like:

Thank you Nikolay those are very nice comments & much appreciated 😉

Laurie

• Like 1

Hello Sir,

First class model and excellent presentation.

Regards, Orion.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Hello Sir,

First class model and excellent presentation.

Regards, Orion.

Very kind of you to say so. Very much appreciated.

LAurie