1/48 Tamiya P-38. Out now!

Creepy Pete

That certainly looks like a P-38 nose cone from head on, but I'm not sure why there would be that cutout on the left side of the image.

I can't think what else it could be though.

I'm thinking 1/48th scale, but 1/32nd would be awesome!

18 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

That certainly looks like a P-38 nose cone from head on, but I'm not sure why there would be that cutout on the left side of the image.

I can't think what else it could be though.

I'm thinking 1/48th scale, but 1/32nd would be awesome!

Well that cutout is a panel, but I don’t know the P-38 well enough to know what optional item goes there. In this photo there appears to be something in that panel and there is an quick access panel within that panel, but I don't know if it was always fitted.

facts-about-the-iconic-ww2-p-38-lightnin

I hope it`s in1/32 , I wonder why they haven`t got around to putting a bomber/ PR front end on the Mosquito , that would surely be a seller .

Don .

I'd love Tamiya to do a P-38, am I'm sure they will eventually, but the fact that the image is on a monitor as part of a display makes me think that they are just playing with us for now.

• Like 1

Maybe with Tamiya knowing when they have company tours happening, get a part or something drawn up and accidentally/deliberately leave it showing on a computer screen, knowing full well that a picture will be taken, posted on a site like this, leaving everyone in a big flippidy flop. Meanwhile Tamiya execs and employees are watching this space and laughing. Maybe thats there gag on us.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Seen on a screen by André Pantarotto during a visit to the Tamiya Corporation HQ at Shizuoka in May 2019 a P-38 Lightning nose sprue 3D render. 

Future project? Scale?

Source: André Pantarotto Facebook

http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/5960-tamiya-1-p-38-–/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218154656528861&set=a.10218154648088650&type=3&theater

60775716-1275072412651524-87779263542229

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Creepy Pete said:

Nope, not deleted.

OK thanks, I assumed that it had gone as it's unlike Homebee to start a second thread on a subject.

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Anyway as I said before the fact that it's on a screen as part of a display makes me thing Tamiya are playing with us ;)

Maybe they're testing the waters. But going back to 2017: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/68972-how-about-a-132-tamiya-p-38-lightning/

Maybe they're planning to go big.

15 hours ago, Tbolt said:

OK thanks, I assumed that it had gone as it's unlike Homebee to start a second thread on a subject.

No. My fault. :blush:

I've sent a report for "Multiple threads on one subject" to the Administrator. 

V.P.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Homebee said:

No. My fault. :blush:

I've sent a report for "Multiple threads on one subject" to the Administrator. 

V.P.

We will shame you later too. :)

I think it'll be in 1:96 to go with all the re-released Apollo 11 kits from Revell :D

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Do they need to though? Surely a Tamiya P-38 would sell well in all three main scales.

Would it sell better than a new variant of their Bf 109G-6 or maybe a 1:32 Fw 190A-3?

24 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Would it sell better than a new variant of their Bf 109G-6 or maybe a 1:32 Fw 190A-3?

If we hadn't had the Zvezda and Eduard kits then I would have said no, but since it's been along time since a 1/48th scale P-38 has been done my money's on that. Not sure about 1/32nd scale as that's not my thing, but it could be close.

• Thanks 1