This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

This gentleman visited the Tamiya headquarters the other day, and behold what's on the screen on the 5th photo.

Do you have another link? I have to log in to Facebook to see the photos.

Posted (edited)

I opened up the link and didn't see it ?

EDIT: found it now that i know what I'm looking for. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

That certainly looks like a P-38 nose cone from head on, but I'm not sure why there would be that cutout on the left side of the image.

I can't think what else it could be though.

I'm thinking 1/48th scale, but 1/32nd would be awesome!

that sure look like a P38 nose with the sprue attachments on the side.

These are the rumours that are the most fun :)

18 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

That certainly looks like a P-38 nose cone from head on, but I'm not sure why there would be that cutout on the left side of the image.

I can't think what else it could be though.

I'm thinking 1/48th scale, but 1/32nd would be awesome!

Well that cutout is a panel, but I don’t know the P-38 well enough to know what optional item goes there. In this photo there appears to be something in that panel and there is an quick access panel within that panel, but I don't know if it was always fitted.

facts-about-the-iconic-ww2-p-38-lightnin

Great spot

Deffinately a P-38. I hope it’s in 1/48 scale.

James

I hope it`s in1/32 , I wonder why they haven`t got around to putting a bomber/ PR front end on the Mosquito , that would surely be a seller .

Don .

I'd love Tamiya to do a P-38, am I'm sure they will eventually, but the fact that the image is on a monitor as part of a display makes me think that they are just playing with us for now.

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes, but that is actually the cup my son uses as part of his goalie gear for Lacrosse.  (Don't ask what the holes are for)  

Maybe with Tamiya knowing when they have company tours happening, get a part or something drawn up and accidentally/deliberately leave it showing on a computer screen, knowing full well that a picture will be taken, posted on a site like this, leaving everyone in a big flippidy flop. Meanwhile Tamiya execs and employees are watching this space and laughing. Maybe thats there gag on us.

It’s the pod from the mother ship in “2001: A Space Oddessy”.  Nice try P-38 fans. 

Edited by 28ZComeback