Toyota Tom's 84C

Hi All,

Another 'new' one. This was bought a very long time ago, and started a long time ago, and now resurrected in an attempt to get it done as well.

So, the box art:

y4mMdBgRUpT9m_sUns4naAfLMDYPAH4ukoJ51KP1

I'm not sure if it ever raced outside Japan, but these single seat sports cars are fun to build. I have quite a few in my stash. And what with Tamiya releasing the Gazoo Toyota hybrid, and re-releasing the Mazda 767, well I feel my bank balance lightening as I type....

This one had a 4 cylinder turbo engine, and that's where I have got up to. Assembling the engine:

y4mxTyF3LxM2if4HVJuQ0sRF0NAFoqdMt-3p86mM

y4mgyvBifMlSMTeg_cCGFCdD2prR2pjUjh-ZC3hT

y4mHVRHfsmAm6eDaum9WqsHWYLI1uBThPZUQm5xl

y4mXfXDvcVAzVuZ6JxLZkSFJEVCz1EDiUbDpC92n

I decided long ago to wire up the ignition, and this is the result.

Don't look too closely at the distributor, trying to fit 8 itty-bitty teeny-weeny wires to something about 4mm across was, shall we say, challenging...

It's a four cylinder engine, but with two plugs per cylinder. As I don't seem to get on with CA glue very will, I tried using a high-tack PVA glue. It sets a bit slower, but doesn't prefer (on the whole) to stick to me...

Thanks for looking.

More to come soon,

Cheers, Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Like 4

Nice start, I'll be watching this one with interest. Le Mans cars are great for detailing. Those that are not curbside anyhow..

• Like 1