1/48 scale Thunderbird 4 ... Trenchlines !

Hello everyone and anyone who can help me  🙄

I'm currently building the Aoshima  1/48 scale Thunderbird 4 …. I am also in the process of working on something to display it ( it looks amazing at the moment , and all going well I hope to put it into the competition in Telford ) . My question to anyone at this time is …  Should I fill in the recessed panel lines on the kit ( the studio model didn't have them ) or should I leave them and make the most of them ….. I did try to upload pics of what i'm working on but for some reason the laptop wouldn't have any of it … Gutted … Any help or advice would be appreciated 

James 

• 3 weeks later...

Proper dilemma there! IMO a model should always be as accurate a representation of a prototype...

However, when you (as we SciFi nuts) are modelling a model it becomes a little less prescriptive. The model has to look realistic so if you think it looks better with panel lines...

(I'm not being much help here I know, I'd interested to hear other opinions)

Thanks Rumblestripe

I actually decided to fill them in the end and ( like you said ) try to keep it as close a representation to the studio model , that didn't have deep panel lines  … I just wish I could upload the pics on to this site to show what i'm doing to display the TB 4 .