C-17A Globemaster III ANIGRAND 1/72

10 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

I had seen a B-2 build in this forum and I thought none of the build can beat that model in 1:72 scale, but now I am not sure which one is the best of the best...

Serkan

Any link?

Edited by Shalako

7 hours ago, Shalako said:

Any link?

I was quite sure that I have seen a post in this forum. But I couldn't found it again. Here is an external link most probably what I saw:

https://www.umm-usa.com/mygallery/galleryB2.html

You can have a look what this guy did with Hercules too...

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 1

quite remarkable!

I have the luxury of working in 1/18 scale and I don't even think I could do what you have done given unlimited time and talent..

the fact this is 1/72 simply elevates it into the work of a magician not a modeller

jaw well and truly dropped..

Peter

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

podiech. 

For the last couple of years I have been following your absolutely phenomenal build of the Anigrand C-17.  You have taken modeling to a whole new level.  As an experienced modeler myself, I have nothing but unadulterated praise for your work.  Having worked on the Anigrand C-17 model, I am totally blown away with what you have done and made it look so good in the process.  Salute.

I am working on an Anigrand C-17 for the United States Air Force Museum.  The model will be used in a model of the museum for the purpose of exhibit layout planning.  Extreme accuracy is not required.  That being said, I did move the wing back one inch per your suggestion.  I double checked by measuring an actual C-17.  In the course of my build. I have managed to lose the windshield to this kit.  I have queried Anigrand and they said they would sell me one if they had it.  He was to check on the availability and get back to me.  He has not gotten back to me.

Do you still have the original kit windshield?  If so, may I BORROW it?  I will make a mold off of it and send it back as quickly as possible.  

If you do not have the original windshield. may I have a copy of the drawings you worked from to create the windshield on your model?

Any assistance you can render will be appreciated by me.  I will gladly cover any expenses you may occur.

These photos may give you some context in which the model will be used.  I have done a large number of these models, including the Anigrand C-5.  I am unable to insert the photos from Photobucket.  Maybe a direct link will work.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/myoungcc/p/74dd3a8c-f0b7-4381-8581-8d2955d340a6

https://app.photobucket.com/u/myoungcc/p/58061673-3b4e-4e70-9ccd-a4be5abcfa6a

Again, if you can assist me in any way, I will be very much appreciative.

Sincery,

Mark E. Young Jr.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mark Young said:

Do you still have the original kit windshield?  If so, may I BORROW it?  I will make a mold off of it and send it back as quickly as possible. 

Mark -

I don't know how often @podciech may check in here (his last login was September 2020), but if you're looking to borrow a copy of the Anigrand kit windscreen I should be able to assist (I'm also in the U.S. so postage would be substantially faster and less expensive). Feel free to send me a direct message and we can work out the necessary details.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 12:35 AM, CT7567 said:

Mark -

I don't know how often @podciech may check in here (his last login was September 2020), but if you're looking to borrow a copy of the Anigrand kit windscreen I should be able to assist (I'm also in the U.S. so postage would be substantially faster and less expensive). Feel free to send me a direct message and we can work out the necessary details.

CT567 -

I received an email last night with an offer for one.  Better yet, it is from someone I have known for years.  I do thank you for your generous offer.  If things go South, I may be calling upon you.  

Again, I thank you.

Mark

• Like 2

I warmly welcome. I didn't think the construction of the C-17 would appeal to so many of you and the thread is still active. Thank you very much. Kev 67 - Currently working on another project. I plan to return to C-17 in September. Mark Young- Thank you for your appreciation and kind words. Of course, if you need it, I have a windshield and I can send it to you, but I can see that my colleagues have already helped. It took a lot of work to make such nice exhibitions for the museum. I am impressed and wish you continued success. If anyone has any questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected] greetings