ICM 1/48th Heinkel He 111 H-3

Hi everyone

Here is my second completion this year, it's the ICM He 111. A very nice kit with no real fit issues requiring only a little filler here and there.

I used the provided kit decals which although quite thick performed well with a little help from some Mico-set and a scalpel. It was only after I

had applied the decals that I realized I had made a stupid mistake by getting the unit crest/emblem the wrong way round so they now face backwards rather than forwards.😭 

If any one has a couple spare decals they don't want please let me know, I'm more than happy to pay for them.

I used a Eduard photo etch set for the interior along with there mask set, which is a must with all the glazing on the thing! Also used were some replacement Master MG-15 gun barrels.

Paints were from MRP, oil wash and pastel chalks used for the weathering.

Thanks for looking, gazza l

DSC_9723

DSC_9722

DSC_9726

DSC_9724

DSC_9728

DSC_9727

DSC_9729

DSC_9733

DSC_9735

• Like 65
  • Thanks 1

What a great looking model, and I love the He 111.

I've been wishing to get a 1:48 He 111 for my collection (one of my hobby goals is to have a BoB 1:48 collection). Do the windows on the belly come as single units to be glued from the inside, or from the outside?

• Thanks 1

That's fantastic. One of the best I've seen, and nicely photographed.

I'm building the Revell/Hasegawa 1/72 job at the moment and you've inspired me to get it finished!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

What a great looking model, and I love the He 111.

I've been wishing to get a 1:48 He 111 for my collection (one of my hobby goals is to have a BoB 1:48 collection). Do the windows on the belly come as single units to be glued from the inside, or from the outside?

Many thanks Sturmovik, the windows are one piece strips and are glued from the inside.

22 hours ago, colin said:

Beautifully painted, and you have made an epic job with all the masking there

Thanks Colin, the masking was made easy with Eduard's masking set... money well spent.

13 hours ago, toniosky said:

Very nice build and pictures. I don't think I would have spotted the decal issue if you didn't mention it ;)

Thanks toniosky.  Yes, I wish I hadn't noticed it will now annoy me for ever more.

12 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

wow just beautiful, and awesome photography, if you please would you share how you setup the photography?

Thank you tomthouaojam.  Regarding the photography I don't do anything to technical.  I just use a basic SLR on a tripod, small aperture, F29-32 typically. The model sits on

a large sheet of white card which curves up to the vertical behind to create a seamless backdrop. Lighting is from the natural daylight in my garage, which has a clear roof. This is followed by 

a little post processing using Nikon NX-2 . Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

You have done a beautiful job on this one Gazza,....... it really is superb mate,......... I wish I had room for one of these myself. 

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

I wish I had room for one of these myself. 

Too true!   Therein lies the rub right?  Where does one store such a large model?  I bought the Monogram 1/48 He-111 from a consignment table a couple years ago.  It's the version with torpedoes.   There's no way to fit it into my display cabinets and I'm not going to leave one out in the dust for too long.  Hmmm...I need a bigger house now!  😄

• Like 1