This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

fubar57

Hasegawa 1:48 Nakajima Ki-44-II Ko (Shoki – Demon)

Posted (edited)

This aircraft is from the Akeno Training Flight Division, Akeno Airfield, 1944. A very nice kit with no vices. When I started collecting info on this kit I noticed almost every build mentioned an over-lap of the of the wings near the wing root(see below). Many builders filed this in and a few let it be. I test fit mine and sure enough mine had it as well. Going through my books I found that this is correct, It represents the Fowler Flaps the aircraft used. To paint the innards I first used Model Master Acryl, some kinda dark blue, the name worn off years ago. This was lightly over-sprayed with Polly Scale Blue Grey. The aircraft moving surfaces were sprayed with Tamiya XF-14: J.A. Grey. Hasegawa provided decals for white Home Defence bands and these were a gawd awful beige. I measured the bands and then sprayed them on using Vallejo White with a few drops of Grey to tone it down. The Yellow ID bands were also sprayed on using Vallejo. I just purchased the new (to me) line of Vallejo Metallics; I used Semi-Dull Aluminum for this. The stuff sprays fantastic. For weathering I used Tamiya Panel Line Brown and around some of the panels and wing root area I used Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash. I use Citadel washes a lot as they can be slowly built up. I used the kit decals for the fuselage Hinomarus and tail markings. Somehow I got very, very lucky with these because when I went to apply the wing walk decal it shattered. I used the wing Hinomarus from my N1K2 George kit as they were a lot bigger than the ones Hasegawa depicted. For the aerial I used Uschi van der Rosten Superfine Rigging Thread-0.01mm. This stuff sticks almost immediately to CA and has a lot of stretch to avoid sagging. If there is a small minus to this thread it is so light and fine I never know when I have in my fingertips. To glue the thread at four points took seconds, to handle it took minutes

img_0004-jpg.538188

img_0005-jpg.538189

img_0006-jpg.538190

img_0007-jpg.538191

img_0008-jpg.538192

img_0009-jpg.538193

img_0010-jpg.538196

img_0011-jpg.538197

img_0015-jpg.531824

img_0008-jpg.532250

img_0009-jpg.532251

Edited by fubar57
freakin typos man

Very nice, but shouldn't this be in the Ready for Inspection section?

You'll get more comments and feedback there.

58 minutes ago, 3DStewart said:

shouldn't this be in the Ready for Inspection section?

yes it should be.

@fubar57 I will move it there, for your next one please post in the appropriate section.

Thx

Julien

On 16/05/2019 at 01:13, Julien said:

yes it should be.

@fubar57 I will move it there, for your next one please post in the appropriate section.

Thx

Julien

Thanks all. I tried to edit it to the correct section just after I originally posted but I couldn't find an option to do so. Is there such an option?

6 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Thanks all. I tried to edit it to the correct section just after I originally posted but I couldn't find an option to do so. Is there such an option?

Hi,

You cant change it, just message one of the moderators and we will sort it out.

JUlien

Nice job Fubar !!

Realy good painting job !

Sincerely.

CC