Here I am. Rock you like a hurricane (are you ready, baby?) The Airfix Hurricane 1/24

On 11/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Hamden said:

Sorry to say I think @limeypilot is correct see link below

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/hawker-hurricane-cockpit.html

Roger

Dah! 🤪

On 11/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Looking absolutely stunning Johnny, great work fella.

All the best

Chris

Thanks kid. 

On 11/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, Ripaman said:

Love what you have done to your Hurri brilliant job Johnny :like:

Regards

Richard

Thankyou

On 11/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Hey Johnny

Great work on your Hurricane mate - you've managed to achieve a lovely finish and the levels of detail you've added to the kit are fabulous.

Cheers buddy and I genuinely can't wait to see her in the RFI.

Iain

Me either. Just need to get the tent out.

if she fits in the tent that is. 🤪

• Like 2

Evening gents.

no RFI as yet as my new kit is befuddling me at the mo.

I did fix the handle though. 😇

49060492978_c90974ec06_b.jpg

And got the radio wire cut to size.

49061003251_4875159c45_b.jpg

Oooh and the prop’s on. Looks good on. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. 🥰

I noticed that I’d not made any clips to hold the wing panels on so I’ll have to make them which won’t be a problem.

now where did I put that robot suit thing? 🤣

See y’all later. Hope you had a great Telford everyone.

Johnny.

• Like 20

Great work as ever. Not a nitpicker on the handle at all, but if a visible mistake can be avoided. So why not. Really like to see it in the RFI, but tomorrow morning away to the dentist with a really annoyingly tooth since it's got his crown at easter this year (root end surgery now after a root canal treatment 3 month ago). So, no fun for the weekend, but it should be saved for several forthcoming Gyros, Döner or Currywurst, etc ( Pommes, Stulle/Butterbrot = Fresh big sandwich.........).

Cheers for tonight till the next week and maybe a nice soup for tomorrow!

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 10:55 PM, bbudde said:

Great work as ever. Not a nitpicker on the handle at all, but if a visible mistake can be avoided. So why not. Really like to see it in the RFI, but tomorrow morning away to the dentist with a really annoyingly tooth since it's got his crown at easter this year (root end surgery now after a root canal treatment 3 month ago). So, no fun for the weekend, but it should be saved for several forthcoming Gyros, Döner or Currywurst, etc ( Pommes, Stulle/Butterbrot = Fresh big sandwich.........).

Cheers for tonight till the next week and maybe a nice soup for tomorrow!

Thanks 🙌 sorry to hear about the tooth. I hope you get it sorted. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:03 AM, OutcastJoel said:

Beautiful build! I have to echo everyone else and say that I can't wait to see it in RFI.

Thanks. I ‘ll get the tent up soon. Just have to do the last few bits.

I must admit it’s very quiet over on the other side of BritModeller. I think the next build after the Gundam will have two wings again so I get some company. 😱

off to see Tim minchin tonight so not much in the way of plastic. Hopefully tomorrow . 🤗

Johnny

• Like 4

14 hours ago, airscale said:

superb - really nice job :)

very, very nicely done

Peter

Thank you Peter. Coming from you I’m totally flattered. 😇 your builds are inspirational to say the least. 🙌

12 hours ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

High praise indeed 😎👍

Iain 

I know. 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Dear Spad !!

Another great addition to your collection !! :partytime:

And great saving too on the drip of pesky glue !!

Now, I'm waiting for the RFI :dog:

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

On 16/11/2019 at 12:48, The Spadgent said:

I must admit it’s very quiet over on the other side of BritModeller. I think the next build after the Gundam will have two wings again so I get some company. 😱

Yea they're all crazy anyways......! 

Probably watching the Star Wars boxset. 

Or Transformers in slow motion 🤓🤓

Hellfire... The Hurricane really scrubbed up well, didn't it?? 💯

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. The RFI didn’t happen yet as there were some bits that needed polishing off first. Then I started the Gundam which seems to have been on a go slow for a while. Not sure why but I need some wing action in my life. 😍 so I decided to finish off the hurri at the same time while choosing an aeroplane for next years first build. Any ideas?

Any Road the last bits that I’d missed were the unpainted wing panels and the darned clips that hold them in place.

49282455861_682073d43c_c.jpg

those ones there look. 🤩

so I used plasticard measured out and drilled holes.

49282012288_74e73d130d_b.jpg

These were them painted. To be fair I should have left the painting until they were fitted as I painted them again anyway. 🤪

Here they are fitted.

49282012023_4ec594d2c6_b.jpg

If you are building this and plan on adding these little clips I would advise adding them before you glue the wings as they are really fiddly to fit. 
here is the other side.

49282012148_9c5f589295_b.jpg

And both together.

49282012228_39438c2aac_b.jpg

They need a wash now. 
the panels themselves got primed.

49282690497_0f8dc336a9_b.jpg

And painted.

49282690067_69060c821b_b.jpg

I’ll need to weather these too. 
had a lot of fun doing this. Can’t wait to get back to wings. 🤩

I’ll get this done before the new year.

Take care you lot. 

As always. Happy Modelling.

Johnny. 🥳

• Like 17

Oh thank heavens for that, I clicked on the orange dot for this thread which took me straight to Nov 17 & I'm thinking, flipping heck, it'll be like a build thread from @CedB or @The Baron or @giemme or several others that I could name if the top of my head was more productive, & there'd be 5 pages to catch up on & glory be, only 5 POSTS, an easy catch up without getting my ear chewed by you can guess who. ;) :D

Looking very good Johnny, those fastening tabs look quite excellent. 👍

Steve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice Johnny - great clips! :) 

Thanks Mr B. Very kind. 🤩

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Oh thank heavens for that, I clicked on the orange dot for this thread which took me straight to Nov 17 & I'm thinking, flipping heck, it'll be like a build thread from @CedB or @The Baron or @giemme or several others that I could name if the top of my head was more productive, & there'd be 5 pages to catch up on & glory be, only 5 POSTS, an easy catch up without getting my ear chewed by you can guess who. ;) :D

Looking very good Johnny, those fastening tabs look quite excellent. 👍

Steve.

Yes. She’s pretty much done. Just the clips then bosh. 😇 I’ve been working on that pesky robot thing for a thing.

1 hour ago, bobsyouruncle said:

Don't know how I missed this (probably too busy doing other stuff), but just been doing some catching up reading the pages.

What an awesome build. Love all the details you've been cramming in here. Inspiring stuff. Love it.

Thank you. It’s a great kit. 🙃

4 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Desperately trying to load the "jaw drop" emoji.

🤣 ha thank you. 🤩

Just notice that I’ve missed a clip on lower section of the bigger panels. Should be one in the middle. Dang!!! I’ll sort it. 🤪

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

as they are really fiddly to fit. 

That sounds quite an understatement :frantic: I cannot possibly imagine how you were able to fit them, anyway the result is outstanding :worthy:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

I too have one of these awaiting the BoB 80th anniversary GB and have taken great solace from catching up on this build especially after my first dry fit of the kit!

Anyway some great modelling and inspiration in evidence here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1