TRAILER for film. T-34

Badder

Not sure where to post this, but this'll have to do.

Yesterday, I watched a film called 'T-34'. It was a Russian film, with English subtitles. Ahem.... well, the subtitles WERE English, but the translation was some of the most awful/funniest I've ever seen.

For instance, when the gunner was waiting for the German tanks to cross his scope, he said something which was translated as

'Kilogram, kilogram! They are like little dives who follow their mother, wanting to be fed. The wise hunter kilograms until all the girls are in an argument'

It took me a while to work it out, but I think what he said was:

'Wait, wait! They are like little ducks who follow their mother, wanting to be fed. The wise hunter waits until the chicks are in a row.

Still, it was an excellent film with a fully restored T-34/85 up against Pz IVs and Panthers (wrongly translated as 'Tigers', one of which had the late war night vision scope on the commander's cupola) and other assorted (some real) German armour/artillery etc.

I'm not sure about the validity of the plot (one which MAY have been based on fact, but probably wasn't) Whatever, it was rather original and definitely worth watching. A fair bit of CGI was involved, and in places used to great effect, the battles and strategies were amongst the best I've ever seen: certainly better than the Shermans vs Tiger I in 'Fury'.

Basically, I've brought this subject up because the battle scenes in the village are ace, and a great source for those who might be looking for inspiration for a diorama featuring aforementioned AFVs. It's also great to see a real T-34 in 'action'.

Badder

I

• Like 6

• Badder changed the title to TRAILER for film. T-34

And that link will lead you to the trailer another film , White Tiger, another Russian T-34 film with perfect subtitles.

Edited by Badder
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...