D-Day Anniversary Build- 1/72nd Planet Models GAL Hamilcar assault glider. ***FINISHED***

Lovely choice. I’ve never seen one of these built before. I’m really glad to watch one of your builds in action. I’ll tag along if I may. 

Great work so far, fast too. 👌😀

John. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind comments so far,....... I`m still chugging along with this one and applied some decals last night,....plus some more progress with the cockpit and other smaller parts;

resized_45658651-9f6c-48b4-9427-f586e68c 

I`ve found a few serials linked to Hamilcar`s that took Tetrerch tanks into action in Normandy,.....so will probably opt for one of those, I`m still trying to find out about any other markings like the Chalk Number or any graffitti appied to the sides!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 9

• 4 months later...

Hiya Folks,....... Well I`ve returned to this big beast! The cockpit has been fitted out and the canopy fitted too,........ but the thing is a nightmare,.... very thick and it doesn`t fit! Having tried to bodge it,...... I finally decided to add filler around the canopy and to sand the area smooth, then re paint it,...... so here we are with filler applied. The nose glaing was just as badly fitting too,..... and you can see it here on the nose which has been temporarily attached;

DSCF6942-NEW.jpg

DSCF6943-NEW.jpg

And yes,.... after taking the photos,...... that bloody fin fell off again!!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 6/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, LorenSharp said:

I just found this thread, excellent build so far.

Thanks mate!!

Well almost finished now,.... got the undercarriage on and got the area around the canopy tidied up a bit;

DSCF6965-NEW.jpg

DSCF6966-NEW.jpg

DSCF6967-NEW.jpg

Got the nose fitted later,.....and the tank inside,..... I`ll take some more pics when I get better daylight;

DSCF6969-NEW.jpg

Cheers for now,

Tony

• Like 8

Well I`m calling it done! Here is the Hamilcar model with the white metal Tetrarch tank;

DSCF6992.jpg

DSCF6977-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF7002-NEW.jpg

DSCF6993-NEW.jpg

DSCF7004-NEW.jpg

Well it took a bit longer than expected but we got there in the end,..... thanks for the encouragement along the way,

Cheers

Tony

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Another real cracker Tony, the final job doesn't show the grief you had with it, turned out well in the end. Those D-day stripes set pretty much any plane off, but on these they really look the piece.

Steve.

Cheers Steve,.... much appreciated my friend,

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Another beauty build, Tony, and a rather massive one, too.

Chris

Thanks Chris,..... massive and bloody heavy too LOL!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Tony a real cracker fella and some real hassles along the way too.  A truly wonderful pair of models .

Great work.

All the best

Chris

Cheers Chris,...... yeah it was a bit o a challenge and not the ideal kit to try and get your mojo back,.... but I don`t do things by halves LOL!! 

4 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Great job and an interesting project.  I bet it was a bitch to fly...

Thanks bud,..... oh can you imagine how heavy it would have been,....... like flying a house brick! 

• Like 1