Stormer tracks

MickE

Hi all

Can anyone confirm if the tracks on a Stormer HVM are the same as on the Scorpion/Scimitar family?

I have the Accurate Armour Stormer HVM to build and don't fancy using the tracks that came with it.

Regards

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Next question on the same subject. How many track links are there per side for the Stormer? Also does anyone have any good pictures of the idler wheels showing the angle of the arm? The Accurate Armour instructions are very poor in this area.

Regards

Mick

Can’t help on the No of links.after a bit of digging on the inter web the track for Stormer and CVRT are indeed different!

The horn on the side of the track is different and the Stormer sprockets are bigger.

Edited by ivan-o

• 2 months later...

I can't provide the number.  But don't forget that links would be removed as the tracks stretched in use beyond tensioning with the idler, so the number could vary.  The vehicle's AESP would say how many links could be removed before the tracks needed to be replaced.  It probably says how many when new.  You can buy the Stormer AESP on line, but they seem to be £50+.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, they look nice but I already have the resin track that that came with the kit and they need to be formed like yours. I was looking for some link and length or individual track links.

On 06/08/2019 at 15:27, MickE said:

Next question - does anyone know how many links per side there should be?

Regards

Mick

I will find out for you.

Thanks Ozzy

Accurate Armour said that the resin track lengths supplied were enough to make two complete tracks and to trim them to size. Knowing how many links there were would be better.

Edited by MickE

1 minute ago, MickE said:

Thanks Ozzy

Accurate Armour said that the resin track lengths supplied were enough to make two complete tracks and to trim them to size. Knowing how many links there were would be better.

Definitely Mick, I asked some of my cloud punching pals and this is what I got.

82-84 per side. Dependent on what tention you require for the terrain.