Tiger I Ausfürung Afrika ###Finished###

Arniec

Hi guys,

Finally I have put some paint on the tiger. It is one colour, so quite easy to do.:D The most time consuming were the wheels.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_4799 IMG_4800 IMG_4801 IMG_4802

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 6

Looking good Arnold.

Those are some interesting stands you have for holding and spraying your wheels. May I ask what they are and are those grips at the top?

Rearguards

Badder

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Looking good Arnold.

Those are some interesting stands you have for holding and spraying your wheels. May I ask what they are and are those grips at the top?

Rearguards

Badder

Badder, 

those stands are old card holders from my work. They were at a certain time in a Christmas gift Box and these were a left over that I took home. They are generally a crocodile clamp on a metal string attatched to a heavy foot.

The crocodile clampes are also available from a electronic shop.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I have done some more work. I have given it a coat of klear, put the decals on and also placed all the wheels and the tracks.

Here are some pictures.

First the tracks and wheels.

IMG_4803 IMG_4804 IMG_4805

And now the decals. As you can see the decals aren't dry jet.

IMG_4806 IMG_4807 IMG_4808

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 7

Hi Arnold,

That's smashing that is. All very neat, clean and tidy. It puts mine to shame!

I do wish I could get hold of that Klear, cos the stuff I use is can sometimes be a bit iffy.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, Badder said:

I've always like the Desert Tiger. I look forward to seeing your progress.

That's not a great name. African Tigers rarely went near a desert.  Farms and orchards were their usual surroundings.

David

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:48 PM, Badder said:

I think your damage is too slight and too regular. It looks like someone has gone along the skirts with a pair of pliers and nibbled a tiny bit of metal out of them every few feet.

It's very difficult to model realistic damage in plastic skirting. This is why people pay for metal ones.

David

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DByrden said:

That's not a great name. African Tigers rarely went near a desert.  Farms and orchards were their usual surroundings.

David

Hence the Germans painted their Dessert Tigers Lime Green and Cocoa Brown over Custard Yellow.

4 hours ago, DByrden said:

It's very difficult to model realistic damage in plastic skirting. This is why people pay for metal ones.

David

Hi David,

I wouldn't pay out for PE skirts as I think they are a waste of money and TBH, I think they look way too thin anyway. All you need do is sand/file the plastic skirts thinner, then you can damage them realistically. I used the kit's skirts on my 'Hidden Tiger, Crouching Tamiya' build and used round-nosed pliers to put bends and dents into the panels, and drills to make bullet and shrapnel holes.

I think your dents look like dents, it's just the regular spacing of them that looks a bit ''false'.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

This is my last post as the model is finished. I have given it a dull wash and a sand filter.

Here is a picture 

IMG_4809

The rest will go in the Gallery

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hi Arnold. I have just been checking out your African Tiger in the Gallery. It does look very impressive - I always like the Tigers with the large turret numbers. Very well done. :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1